Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, July 24, 2020

Friday

66 degrees with clouds and a spritzing of rain at times again this morning
like yesterday.


Walked to town and two times around both cemeteries and the
ball park loop.

Saw a bunch of deer and then saw a big buck.
He was running so couldn't count the points.

This big rig was stopped on the side street behind the bakery
to run in for, I'm guessing, donuts.
I wouldn't want to be driving that thing on these streets!!
 Wonder what kind of gas mileage it gets!!?


Continued walking down past the old house and then over
to the industrial park and walked around there a bit.
Kenny had to go to the lumber yard in town so I met him across
the street at the Dollar General and got a ride home.

Walked 6.1 miles
Even a dreary morning is a good walking morning.  😃
 
☁️     🙂     🌧

Puttering about the house this morning.
After lunch the sun came out so went and walked around
Happy Trails for a bit.
Did some more reading and making weave-it squares.

Last night I got a craving for some chocolate cake so I
baked a chocolate bundt cake today.
Will have that for our snack tonight with a scoop of ice cream.

Thanks for stopping by.
Life is Good
Look for the good in your day.
happyone ❤️


Comment Replies:
SusanQ - Yes, the weight of the yarn determines the weight of the blanket.  Don't know what a blanket stitch is.  I just put two of the squares together right sides facing and sew them together.  Sew them in strips and then sew the strips together.
The first link is to a web site that will give you some information about weave-its.
The rest of the links are to some posts that contain things I've written about weave-its.  Hope they are helpful for you.
Weave-its   
Gramma's Weave-its
Weave-its
Weave-its

17 comments:

Tom said...

...if you can afford the price of that rig you don't worry about the the price of fuel!

Susie said...

I love that you can catch a ride with your sweetheart. Oh I would hate to turn that big doubled rig around. LOL. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I read a book about people our age (you know, young adults ;-) ) who live in their RVs and just travel around all the time. Some people do it for enjoyment and some people do it because they can't afford their houses after they retire. I don't think that would be a life I would enjoy full time, although it might be fun to rent an RV for a trip sometime. The one you saw is way too big for me. I'm with you on that. It would take a lot of gas and be hard to drive. Glad you had a nice day. See you again soon!

Rose said...

Every time I see the big RV's I am glad I don't have to drive one. I would not be comfortable on a 4 lane road...let alone in a small town.

R's Rue said...

Beautiful

Ruth Hiebert said...

You are so dedicated to your walking. That is admirable . The last couple of days, I don't even want to step out of the house. With temperatures up around the 30 Celsius and high humidty,it’s almost unbearable.

Granny Marigold said...

I find it more pleasant to walk in a very light drizzle than in hot sunshine. Now that the sun rises a bit later it's not as hot when we leave the house at 8:30 ( by which time you're probably home again).

Hootin Anni said...

That is a good walk! You must have a very healthy heart! Good for you. My brother & SOL lived in a motor home like that. I don't get it. No room for books. Lol

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

You do take some great walks. The RV is nice looking, they may have motorcycles in the trailer they are pulling. The chocolate cake sounds yummy. Happy weekend to you!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen,
Bit of rain around here this afternoon and evening. Had my mate around to-day this morning for a couple of games in the shed- lots of fun and good to host my mate Greg as we're still somewhat restricted by the Virus. Chris made cheese, tomato and onion toasted sandwiches for lunch and coffee - very yummy! Best Wishes there. KEV.

ellen b. said...

A rig with a rig. I wouldn't want to maneuver that on any road!! You have the best outlook about walking for sure! Your treat at the end of the day sounded just right!

Bill said...

That RV is massive, I wouldn't like driving that at all.

Inger said...

Another lovely day in your life. It must be great to see so many deer. I haven't sen any around here for many, many years.

Nellie said...

Oh, my! I’d love to join you for that delicious snack!

susan q said...

Another enjoyable day for you. Poor gas mileage I would think on the huge RV. Thanks so much for the weave it links. Enjoyed them. Your gramma's weave it is a treasure. It maybe something I would consider doing in the future. Be well.

William Kendall said...

That would be a guzzler.

Retired Knitter said...

I wish you shared the link from the weave-it blanket you made for your daughter!! The one she gave to her dog!! I never forgot how beautiful that blanket was and how it ended up!!