Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, July 25, 2020

Wasp

A mix of sun and clouds this morning when I walked.
No breeze and the temperature was 63 degrees.

The neighbor cows were scattered all over the pasture.
These two watched me walk down the hill.


Some more cows from Farmer Marvin's farm
along the main road to town.


Walked around town and up the side road past the library.
Then over to the ball park and walked the loop there,
back to the main road and home again.

Mom and daughter Lena and Rebecca were both out walking
but not together today.  

Look what I found!!
A glove!  😀
Wonder how many I'll find this time to put up on the posts
before they are taken down again! 
Number 1

Walked 5.5 miles

🌤     🙂     🌤

We made our weekly jaunt to get rid of our garbage
at the refuse center today.
Surprising how many people are out and about!!

Went out on the deck to get the clothes off the line
and I thought at first I stepped on a sharp stone but
when it kept stinging I realized that I had stepped on a wasp!
Ouch!!
At least I'm not allergic.

Updated my to read book list.
I'm going to try NOT TO ADD any more books to my list until
I get some of these read!!!

It's been a nice sunny day with some clouds and a nice
cool breeze kicked up this afternoon.
Nice to sit out on the porch and read.

That's it for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
Life is Good
Look for the good in your day.
happyone  🍭

18 comments:

Nellie said...

Ouch! I’m so sorry for that painful encounter with a wasp! Someone will wonder about their glove!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Wasp stings can really hurt. I was stung by a wasp trying to keep my son from being stung when he was just a little guy. I got stung, he did not, which was good, because ouch that wasp sting hurt for a while. I found two more Louise Penny books at a thrift store today so now I have four of her books, and like you, I have too many on my "to read" shelf. Hope your weekend is going well. I love that you found another glove. Have a good day and I will see you tomorrow.

William Kendall said...

Cows would be curious.

Tom said...

...I'm assuming that you were barefoot, ouch! If workmen are losing so many gloves in your area, the stores must be doing a good business.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Ouch! Stepping on a wasp is not a good idea. I found out several years ago, that having one on your egg sandwich and taking a bite is also not a good idea.

Granny Marigold said...

Too bad about the wasp sting. After having the exterminator come and deal with our wasps I now am noticing far too many around the house and lawn swing. IF I can figure out where they're making a new home we can get the guy to come back and work his magic.

Susie said...

Oh you may want a pair of flip-flops for stepping out. That sounds painful. I remember getting stung by a wasp on the cuticle while painting...oh boy I about peed my pants that how badly it hurt. LOL I love that you found a glove and put it up. :) Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Rose said...

Ouch! I don't like stings....been stung a lot by yellow jackets and a few times by wasps. Not fond of either one.

Vee said...

That was not a very nice way to be greeted to the deck. I have a fake hornet's nest hanging just outside and above my door. The hornets and wasps and yellow jackets have been awful here the past couple of years. So you're not in a heat wave like the rest of us? 🧊

Gretchen Joanna said...

The only wasp or bee stings I can remember were from stepping on the insects. I guess I should be thankful that because of problem feet I can't go barefoot anymore - I surely would have stepped on many more since the childhood stings! But barefoot summers are the best....

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi Karen- When I was a youngster I got stung on the hand by a Bee- my hand swelled up almost doubling it's size! Never been stung by anything since. You've got to be careful with Wasps. Regards. KEV.

Kerri Farley said...

Yikes! I haven't been stung in many years - thankfully!
Are you still enjoying your kindle?

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The bee stings really hurt, I used some baking soda paste on mine and it helped a lot. I love the cows, they are checking you out. My "to be read" list is growing too. Enjoy your day, have a great new week!

Lisa said...

Wasp are mean! I fear those the most. Glad you are not allergic. Neither am I.
Now get some of those books read!!
Lisa

Bill said...

Getting stung stinks. I haven't been stung in a long time. I don't like seeing bees or wasps flying close to me. Have a wonderful day.

Hootin Anni said...

We had, rain, wind, threats of tornadoes & no electricuty for AC...but at least YOU had some sun. Loved the cattle photos. Such a peaceful walk. I AM allergic to bee & wasp stings...would not want to step on it!

ellen b. said...

Ouch, yikes, hope you killed that wasp by stepping on it. How fun that we get to watch gloves accumulate again. :) Hope you are having a good Monday!

Lowcarb team member said...

Ouch! I’m so sorry to read about the wasp sting.

All the best Jan