Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, February 25, 2016

Fingerprints

There was a light snow coming down when I looked out of the window this morning and it was 32 degrees.  I bundled up and went outside to discover that the driveway was a sheet of ice so I came back inside and skipped my walk.

Today was the Fingerprint ministry at church and we spent the day there doing that.  There were 12 others there too.  I've posted about it before but today I took some pictures to show you what we do.
Covers need to be folded in half and these wooden boxes help get the fold just right.  On the left are the covers, it gets folded and then moved to the right.
Two sections of pages have to be ripped apart (pile on the right) and here Ken is  stuffing the two sections into the each other. 
Donna is then putting the two sections into the covers.
Next comes stapling the books together.  Pile on the right to be stapled, on the stapler, then dropped into the box.

Here I am on the stapler.
Then they get counted and put in totes.
They still need to be cut to make all the edges are neat and tidy but we don't have a cutting machine so that is done back at the Beacon of Truth in South Carolina.

In January of 2017 we got a cutting machine so can do that part too.

 It snowed all day but not much accumulation.  Wonder what the morning will bring?

After supper I did my exercise tape and then walked 3 1/2 miles down in the basement.  Had to get some exercise in today because I did a lot of sitting in front of the stapler.

Now it is time to relax.  Looking forward to some chocolate chip ice cream which I'll be eating in just a little while. : )

A happy day to you.
happyone : )
If you get melted chocolate all over your hands,
you're eating it too slowly.
~ Unknown

12 comments:

Adam said...

I like that quote

eileeninmd said...

Hello, it is great you are busy doing something you love. The quote is awesome. Happy Friday, enjoy your weekend!

Melanie said...

I love your chocolate advise! LOL I don't blame you for doing your exercise tape and walking indoors! A sheet of ice sounds like an accident waiting to happen! Have a great day.

Cat Lover said...

Busy, full day for you doing wonderful work. Hope you enjoyed your ice cream!

Prunella Pepperpot said...

Ice is no fun but icecream is gorgeous. Have a good weekend Happyone :)

Pom Pom said...

What a sweet way to lend a hand. Maybe you'll get to walk outside again tomorrow. We went to the mall to walk this morning so now I just have 800 steps to go! I can do that while I cook dinner!
Happy Friday, sweet Happy One!

CountryMum said...

A busy day by the sounds of it.

Vee said...

That is a funny quote! Such good work you folks do. Are you able to chat or is just like a little hive there with no chit-chat?

Terra said...

Wow, that is a big project.

Sandi said...

Oh...what a great idea!

Aritha V. said...

Wow, that is very nice (and a good idea)

Mari said...

This is so interesting. The finished books look really nice.