Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, April 06, 2023

Thursday

55 degrees this morning and cloudy for walking.
Sunrise 6:53
Morning Walk Steps 13,347 

Started my walk going to the ball park and walking around it a few times.
Then walked through town and up and down all the side streets.
Next was the upper cemetery and down to see the cows and
lastly around the other cemetery.

Saw Kinsley waiting at the bus stop with a few other kids
in front of the day care house with Pam.
Kinsley said, There's Miss Karen, smiled and gave me a hug.
The school bus pulled up just then, I told her to have a good day
and off she went.
I continued down the road smiling.

Saw Phil, the Wiggle Man making his daily video.

Bill, the town worker was at the ball park and I stopped to talk to him.

Rebecca was out walking, saw her by the pond.

Three people fishing at the pond
and I saw a couple of rabbits at the cemetery.

Farmer Marvin was up at the big barn when I was there and stopped
to talk.  No babies born last night.
Farmer Marvin was checking the mothers to make sure they were all fine.

This is the finished project that Kermit was making with those old doors.



Hey look at this, the drive thru behind the bank is finished.


More tree cutting down at the tree lined driveway.
I think maybe the people that live there sold the trees to a logging
company.  The logs are getting loaded on to logging trucks and carted away.

I walked down the driveway once when the house at the end
of it was for sale.
Here is the post when I did that.

I took this picture today of the house when I was walking around
the ball park.


🥾    ☁️    🙂

No outside today.
Foggy later in the morning for a while and then it rained.
A good day to get some house stuff done
and then I read.
Just finished reading a Miss Read book and then went to check my email.  
Had an email from the library saying the two books
I had reserved were ready for pick up.
Went to the library and picked them up.
Started reading A Wild Winter Swan by Gregory Maguire.

Supper was easy.
Took chili out of the freezer and we made taco salad with it.

That's all for today.
Thanks for visiting.
Happy Thursday
👩🏻‍🦳happyone😉

13 comments:

Tom said...

...we had your weather yesterday, today was beautiful. I'll send some your way way.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen! Sounds like you had good weather for your morning walk. Our weather is getting better and warming up, finally. I think it is so cute that Kinsley calls you Miss Karen and gives you a hug when she sees you. That makes me smile too! That is a nice little sitting area that Kermit made with those doors - very creative. Wow, that drive-through at the bank sure took a long time, but it is good to have it finished now. Sounds like another very nice day for you. See you again soon!

Ginny Hartzler said...

so is the book actually about a wild swan? The thing with the green doors is pretty! What is it...is it a seating area by the little flower garden?

ellen b. said...

How sweet to get that special hug! I really like that creation from old doors that Kermit put together.

William Kendall said...

That sitting area is neat.

Granny Marigold said...

I was also wondering what exactly that little building made of doors is for. It looks cute!
It was so chilly today. We had tomato/lentil soup and fresh bread. That really hit the spot.

Hootin Anni said...

I think I have all of Gregory's books in our home library. This is the one with a revamped modern story of the ugly duckling? Not sure. He is one of my favorite authors...the oz series is best tho!!

Ann said...

Sounds like a beautiful start to the day. I like the look of that little building made from the doors.

Barwitzki said...

We had frost that night and sunshine this morning which I enjoyed on the terrace with a coffee...the prospect is rain for the next three days...Easter is celebrated indoors.
I wish you happy walks. A lovely Easter hug to you from Viola

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Our weather has been beautiful lately, but it is supposed to be colder this weekend. I like the green painted doors and daffodils. Happy Easter, have a great weekend.

Debbie said...

Sounds like a lot was happening around the town on Thursday! I love all the descriptions of what you've seen :) It makes me feel like I'm walking around the town with you :)

Bill said...

Lots of people out and about early in the morning.

Jeanette said...

You saw lots of people on your walk that day! Interesting what was built with those doors.