Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, November 19, 2020

Big Can of Pumpkin

22 degrees when I started out walking this
morning, no wind, with nice clear crisp air,
and sunny once the sun rose.
By the time I was back home it was already 32 degrees.

Walked all over town including all my usual loops.

Walking to one of the cemeteries down this road.
This was the only road that had a bit of ice on it.


Didn't see anyone else out walking. 
Walked down to say Good Morning to the bulls.

I've posted a picture of this tree lined driveway before and always
wanted to walk down it.


The house down this driveway is now for sale and it is empty
so I figured I could walk down and look around.
You can see the house from the ball park when the leaves are 
off the trees. 

I was surprised to see this nice little pond.


The house is off to the left and is a nice brick ranch home.
This property is over 4 acres. 
So quiet and peaceful back here.
What a great little hideaway.


Walked 6 miles

☀️   🙂    ☀️

Got the sheets washed and hung out on the line and then
did a little housework.

We packed a lunch and took a little ride in the new truck.
Stopped to eat lunch while out.

Baked Pumpkin Bread (recipe makes 3 loafs) this afternoon.
Used 2 cups of pumpkin out of this number 10 can.
Isn't that some big can of pumpkin!!
We bought it because it was much cheaper than buying
3 cans of the size on top of the big one.


I put what was left in the refrigerator in 2 plastic containers.
Plan on making another batch of pumpkin bread and a couple
of pies.  Pumpkin still left? - will find more pumpkin recipes.
Just read that you can freeze canned pumpkin.
It is suggested that it be put in plastic freezer bags and flattened out.

No ice cream this evening - having pumpkin bread.
Tastes great with butter.

That's it for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
Hope your day was a good one.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Darkness cannot drive out darkness:
only light can do that.
Hate cannot drive out hate:
only love can do that.
- Martin Luther King Jr -

Comment Replies:
Rose - No, don't listen to audio books when I walk.  Just can't get into listening to books.  Or maybe get into them too much. Whatever I'm doing I just stop to listen to the book.  

15 comments:

Tom said...

...even without much color the first images is beautiful.

Rose said...

Lol, on stopping to listen to an audio book. I don't do that, but I sure cannot listen to one and talk to Roger. I can work or sew or anything, but cannot carry on a conversation with one on.

I love any kind of bread, with butter. Even plain old cake out of the oven. I also love cream cheese on pumpking bread.

Nellie said...

Love that Martin Luther King, Jr. quote! I hadn’t ever thought of freezing canned pumpkin! Some recipes I use need only part of the can. I would have problems walking in icy conditions. I’ve never been good at keeping my balance on ice....kerplop I go!

Granny Marigold said...

I always buy the large tins of pumpkin ( for the same reason..cheaper that way) and I've successfully frozen the leftover pumpkin in 2 cup portions which is what my recipes call for.
I'd be tempted to walk down that driveway too. The snow makes everything look pretty.

ellen b. said...

Glad you could go up that driveway. It really is great lined with those trees. That is one big can of pumpkin for sure. Your pumpkin bread sounds delicious.
Sounds like a fun outing in the new truck! Happy Friday to you.

Ruth Hiebert said...

That tree lined driveway looks lovely. i'm sure the yard is secluded and peaceful.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Nice to see the Snow/Ice ...The Pumpkin Bread with Butter sounds very nice...bit Hot here to-day at 95 Deg F. Cool change now at 9:00pm. Regards. KEV.

Hootin Anni said...

I really like that driveway to the house for sale (I bet it's gorgeous year 'round)

Hurrah for the pumpkin pie! (And bread, muffins, cookies...anything pumpkin)

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The little bit of snow looks pretty. The home has a lovely tree lined drive and pond. The MLK quote is great for these times, hatred seems rampant now. We can all be the light! Take care, enjoy your weekend!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

How do they put a whole pumpkin in such a small can?

God bless.

Inger said...

Your picture of the driveway with the tall trees is gorgeous. What a great composition. And now you have inspired me, I will add a can of pumpkin to my shopping list and try to bake some bread with it. And I envy you the cold weather. I hopefully check the 15-day forecast and don't see any really cold weather ahead here, except at night.

Bill said...

Wonderful photos, I love that little hide away pond. That huge can of pumpkin reminds me of Costco where you can buy supersized items. Your bread sounds delicious.

Happy@Home said...

That tree lined driveway is intriguing. I'm glad you had the chance to check it out and the pond is a lovely surprise. Yes, that is a huge can of pumpkin. It sounds like you are making good use of it. Pumpkin bread tastes especially good this time of year. A few years ago I roasted fresh pumpkins and then put it through my food processor and into Ziploc bags and into the freezer. I used if for soup, muffins and bread.

William Kendall said...

The snow makes for pretty shots.

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely photographs with the snow ...

All the best Jan