Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, April 07, 2023

My Friday

 This morning the temperature was 38 degrees.
A cloudy morning with a little breeze.
Sunrise 6:51
Morning Walking Steps 13,223

Walked the right side of town first and stopped at the library and
dropped a DVD and a book down the book drop.
From there walked over to the industrial park and walked there
and up and down the road behind the Dollar General.


Next was over to the ball park and walked around that loop
a couple of times.

Continued over to the cemeteries and around both of them.
Also went over to the big barn again to see the cows.
Farmer Marvin wasn't there but one of the farm workers was and
 he told me 5 more calves were born since yesterday morning.

With it being Good Friday and no school it was pretty quiet around town.
Didn't see anyone out walking.

Took a picture today of our house when we lived in town.


When we lived there I had a daisy and cone flower garden down
at the end of the driveway by the road.
The new people mowed them all down.



🥾    ☁️    😊

We made a trip to the dump and got rid of a few bags of garage.
Then made a stop at the auto store.
Ken needed a new spark plug for the ATV.
Popped that in and now it's running fine again.

This afternoon you would find me outside walking around
Happy Trails one again.
Cooler today in the 40's.

Back in the house I knitted.
Working on a pillow.

Pizza day
so I made the dough in the bread machine and as usual
Ken maded the pizza.
One to eat and one for the freezer.

Thanks for poppin' in for a visit.
Happy Good Friday
👩🏻‍🦳happyone🙂

Good Friday marks the slaying of our Jesus. 
The unblemished lamb, the perfect sacrifice. 
He took our guilt and blame upon Himself 
so we could be with Him in paradise.
- Anonymous -

Comment Replies:
Ginny and Anni - The book A Wild Winter Swan is a modern revamped version set in 1962 of Hans Christian Anderson's book The Wild Swans.  Anni - I put in on my to read list a while back when I read about it on your blog. 🙂

14 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I remember when you lived at the "old" house in town. From the pictures you posted, it seemed to be a very nice house. I am wondering if the house where you live now is a lot bigger, or is it smaller? Just curious. I hope that you and Ken have a lovely Easter. See you again soon!

Tom said...

...Karen, I have a number of gardens, perhaps too many, most buyers aren't that interested in gardening though.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Thanks for the answer! Wow, you had a wonderful ranch style house! Why did you move?

John's Island said...

Hi Karen, Your sunset/sunrise pics are always wonderful. It looks like the folks in your old home are taking good care of it. You know, I really admire what you are doing with Life is Good. My idea for publishing a blog has been to create a sort of virtual journal I can look back on and see memories in an organized way. I think most folks take pictures as life goes along and they save those photos in a file folder and after a few years they’ve got hundreds or maybe even thousands of photos in folders. Going back and trying to find something you want to view again can be difficult at best. For those of us who blog, it’s organized and, usually, has dialogue and descriptions to go along with. So, getting back to Life is Good, you have truly a perfect virtual journal of almost every day of your life going back to 2008! Wow. Not many folks can claim such an accomplishment. OK, well, that’s my comment for today. Wishing you and Ken a fine weekend and Happy Easter. John

William Kendall said...

Pizza was my dinner as well.

Vee said...

Your flowers were so pretty! Realtors here request that gardens be removed in order to sell a house. Apparently, most people prefer a lawn. 🥴

Ann said...

What a lovely house you had when you lived in town. I wish I had a front porch on my house like that and that two car garage would sure be wonderful. Of course I would settle for a single garage.
A shame they mowed down the daisies and coneflowers. Those are pretty.

eileeninmd said...

What a beautiful sky, a lovely start to your walk.
I really loved the flowers at your old house, it is sad they mowed them all down. Happy Easter to you and yours! Have a great weekend.

Hootin Anni said...

You have some gorgeous sunrises on your walks!!
And, your flowers were a pretty added touch.

Sue said...

Always a joy to walk with you, though my time in blogland has been limited, I love reading about your days,
Happy Resurrection Sunday!
Sue

ellen b. said...

I'm impressed that schools have Good Friday off in your neck of the woods. I wish you a very joyous Resurrection Sunday!!

Bill said...

Friday is usually our night to have pizza.

Barwitzki said...

Good Friday is a holiday for us...
I wish you a happy Easter.
Hug

Hill Top Post said...

I am glad the new calves have a nice new barn in which to be born. We are having new babies now. Most of them are born in the woods. I remember your beautiful daisies - the perfect happy flower for you!