Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, September 07, 2024

Birds on the Mantel

The sunny weather walking streak ended this morning.
It was a drizzly rainy walk and 55 degrees.
By the time my walk was over it had stopped raining and was just cloudy.

I walked up and down the main road and side streets in town.
Around one cemetery, over to the ball park, and around the other cemetery.




Quiet around town this morning and didn't see anyone else out.

I found a Youtube video that was taken 3 years ago of someone driving through town on a rainy day.  
Thought you might like a drive through town.  Here's the LINK.

Morning Walk Steps
13,880

🌧     ðŸŒ§     ☁️

Stitching morning at the library.
4 of us there today.
Connie brought the other African violet for me.  
She gave me a white one this time.
By the time I was leaving the library the sun had come out and it was windy and cool.

I put the plant in the box window above my kitchen sink.


After lunch Ken and I went to the DG Market to pick up a few things.  
Looked for nail polish there - it was cheaper that Walmart but didn't have the color I wanted.

Just puttered about the house this afternoon not doing much of anything.

Ginny - took these pictures of the birds I put on the mantel yesterday for you.🙂 


The pictures are chalk drawings drawn by a friend from church.




This is one of the few jigsaw puzzles that we've glued together.


Happy Saturday and thanks for visiting.
HappyK🙂
17,628
4,798,088

17 comments:

Debby said...

Boy, I'd move to Accident, MD, if I didn't have my children. It does seem like a little piece of Heaven.

Lowcarb team member said...

The birds sit nicely on your mantel.

All the best Jan

Ginny Hartzler said...

Thank you, they are wonderful! The puzzle is large and gorgeous and fits so well right where it is. I love the lights, the little tri-fold screen, and the birdhouse along with the birds. You have quite a wonderful collection!

Tom said...

...I love your bird collection!

Kim said...

Nice bird collection! I'm drawn to birds, too. I don't know why, but they are such a pleasure to watch. Such a pretty African violet! Your town is a lot like towns in north Georgia. Windy roads, lots of trees and hilly. So lovely!

jack69 said...

Beautiful stuff lady. We sure admire the #of steps. I hope to give the AT one more shot to see if I can do 10 miles while we are in PA the next couple weeks.
Love for NC

Granny Marigold said...

I like your town and I enjoyed the video on Youtube.
Liked all your birds too! Have a lovely Sunday

Rose said...

I love your mantel...the chalk drawings are excellent. Will look at video later.

Ann said...

The video was a wonderful tour of your town. I liked the picture they included from 1910.
Love your mantel and your bird collection.

Prims By The Water said...

Viewed the You Tube video. A nice place to live. Always love seeing what towns looked like in earlier days too. Older towns have so much character Janice

R's Rue said...

Have a beautiful day.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Rajani Rehana said...

Great blog

Jeanette said...

I love your bird collection. Your mantle looks very nice!

Bill said...

Beautiful bird collection. I used to know someone who glued some puzzles, they looked great just like yours.

Hill Top Post said...

I did enjoy the video! What a neat little town Accident is. I love the birds! What a wonderful post today!

ellen b. said...

Love all your sweet birds! That was a good choice to glue together.

Dianna said...


What a beautiful mantel and I enjoyed viewing the birds...both in the pictures as well as the ones on the mantel. That puzzle that you glued together and framed is gorgeous! Also...thank you for the link about Accident MD!