Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, December 22, 2023

From sign to sign

 

Didn't get to town to start walking till 6:50 - woke up a little bit later than usual.
Sunrise was at 7:34.
Temperature was 29 degrees with a mix of sun and clouds.

On my way to town I saw only one deer and a rabbit.

First walked over to the library and put a book and DVD down the drop.
Walked up and down one of the roads a block away from the main one.
Continued down the road toward home and then back through town.

The welcome to town sign coming into town from the south end which
is the way I come to town from home.


I walked to the north end and turned around at the other welcome
to town sign.
It is one mile from sign to sign.


On the way back I took a walk around the industrial park.
Then back through the rest of town and by that time I had walked
all of my steps.
When I got back to the Jeep there was an envelope on it.
A Christmas card and thank you note from Kinsley for the scarves.
Sure made me smile.
πŸ˜€

The first of the new houses being built was getting the concrete poured
for the driveway this morning.  
That answers my question of macadam or concrete.

Morning Walk Steps 13,663

πŸŽ„    πŸŽ„    πŸŽ„

Did my usual house chores in the morning.

This afternoon I spent reading, knitting, and doing the puzzle which is
proving to be a challenge this time around too.
Better a challenge than too easy.

Yesterday I found the last of the candy peanuts.
I'm hoping the next thing will be chocolate kisses!!

Happy Friday and thanks for stopping by.
happyoneπŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳

Comment Replies:
Sandi - No, the bulls and cows don't fight.  They are really gentle and curious animals, at least the ones I know.  The metal fence runs along the whole side of the barn and just keeps the animals inside.  On the other side of the fence is a concrete trough dug in the ground and the hay gets dumped in there.  Some of the slats in the fence move so the animals can get their heads through to eat.  Hope this explains your question.

14 comments:

Tom said...

...so Accident is a one mile town! I love that Christmas tree, I should make one. ☃️ πŸŽ„ ❄️ πŸŽ…πŸΌ

Dianna said...

Someone gifted us with a wooden puzzle of the Nativity. I'm looking forward to starting on it next week.

Love the Christmas tree.

Bill said...

I agree with Tom. that is a nice tree.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. That was so sweet of Kinsley to write you a card. I love the little wooden Christmas tree. Glad you are having a nice Christmas season. See you again soon!

Granny Marigold said...

The beautiful clouds and sunrise make such a lovely picture.
I see the snow is still hanging around. Maybe it's here for the months to come!?

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful sky capture and the town sign and trees look pretty too.
Love the tree ornament. Have a safe and happy holiday weekend.

Rajani Rehana said...

Beautiful blog

Ann said...

How sweet of Kinsley to leave a card and thank you for her scarves. I like your little wood tree.

HWIT BLOGG said...

Lovely christmas tree and your day sounds just great! Wishing you a and your family a MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Warm hug from a windy island & Titti

Billy Blue Eyes said...

What a beautiful sunrise to see when you walk in the Moring. Have a great Christmas

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Your little tree reminds me of another one. When my oldest daughter was about a year old we were walking through a Christmas craft fair. She grabbed hold of a wooden Christmas tree and it broke when she dropped it. So I paid for it and glued it back together when we got home. We had it for years and when she got to be an adult with her own home I passed it along to her. I saw it in her house when I was there for Winter Solstice and had to smile.

ellen b. said...

A mile from sign to sign, that's fun. Sweet surprise on the windshield. Happy day before the day before. :)

Lowcarb team member said...

That was very nice of Kinsley to write you a card and thank you for the scarves.

All the best Jan

William Kendall said...

A lovely dawn.