Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, December 23, 2023

Purple Sky

34 degrees this morning, cloudy and calm.
Sunrise 7:35

At town and walking at 6:45.
Walked through town and over to the DG Market.
Planned on turning around there but instead walked the road behind the store
and then around the industrial park.

A farm behind the industrial park and one I pass when walking the farm loop from the other side.
Love the purple and pink sky.


Also walked around the ball park and one of the cemeteries.
Isn't this a perfect Christmas tree!!
It should have lots of lights on it.


Very quiet around town, didn't see anyone out.
 Morning Walk Steps 13.039

πŸŽ„    πŸŽ„    πŸŽ„ 

A lot of you mentioned my wooden Christmas tree from yesterday.
I made it quite a few years ago.
Cut it out on a scroll saw and painted it.
I have three that size (6 1/2 inches) and three an inch or so smaller.
Don't have a scroll saw any more but would like to get another one.
It was fun making things with it.
We sold things like that in a shop when we lived down in Waldorf, MD.

It was stitching day at the library.
I went but was the only one there.
Still it was a nice time because no one else was in the library at all
except for Connie the librarian and we had a very nice visit.

This is our little library.
It my be small and not have lots and lots of books but there is never a
book they can't get for you.


That's my coat and knitting basket on the red chair on the left.


Made chili in the crock pot today.

Puttered about doing this and that in the afternoon after lunch.

Happy Saturday and thanks for stopping by.
happyoneπŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳

13 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

A beautiful purple and pink sky.
A very nice shape tree.
Your library does look a nice place.
I like your snowman.

Enjoy the remainder of your Saturday.

All the best Jan

Tom said...

...the library looks so comfortable and welcoming. ☃️ πŸŽ„ ❄️ πŸŽ…πŸΌ

Bill said...

That's a nice looking and inviting library. It's a lot bigger than some of the ones here.

William Kendall said...

I like the look of the library.

Henny Penny said...

It does look quiet around town. I too love the pink and purple sky. It's so pretty. Had to scroll down and find your wooden Christmas tree. It is really cute. I've always thought making things from wood would be fun. You should get yourself another saw. Merry Christmas to you and Ken.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love your little library. Beautiful sky picture. Your little wooden Christmas tree was so cute. I bet your shop was full of fun things. You and Ken have a very Merry Christmas!

Ann said...

That sky is gorgeous.
I tried cutting things from wood but was horrible with the saw and I hated sanding.
Your snowman is really cute.

Barwitzki said...

This beautiful sky in purple and pink is so beautiful... you took a great photo.
Your little library is very pretty...
Tonight we're having potato salad with warm sausages, it's the Christmas Eve meal in my region.
I wish you a Merry Christmas from the bottom of my heart. Viola

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
The sky is a beautiful color, love the photos.
The tree is perfect and would look beautiful with lights.
I like your cute snowman ornament.
Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to you and your family!

aspiritofsimplicity said...

That purple sky is just beautiful. I think sunrise is my favourite time of day. Happy Christmas.

Inger said...

Purple skies are so amazing, thanks for sharing the picture. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

MELODY JACOB said...

What a serene morning walk, especially with that beautiful purple and pink sky! Nature has its way of creating stunning moments. Your wooden Christmas tree sounds like a wonderful creation, and it's impressive that you made it yourself. Crafting is such a fulfilling activity. The library looks charming, and it's great to have a quiet stitching day there. Wishing you more peaceful walks and enjoyable crafting moments in the days ahead.

Visit https://www.melodyjacob.com/2023/12/what-i-would-love-to-be-gifted-for-Christmas-and-new-year.html

Dianna said...

What a sweet little snowman. I didn't realize that you enjoy using the scroll saw. I know Carroll really enjoys his.