Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, December 21, 2023

Snowman


Was at town and walking at 6:45.
Still a few icy places around where I couldn't walk but didn't have a
problem finding places where I could.

23 degrees, calm and cloudy.
Sunrise 7:34


Walked around town where I could and one of the cemeteries.
Went over to see the bulls.
Lots of hay for these fellows.


Also walked up and down the main road toward home and back.
As expected didn't see anyone else and it was very quiet around town.

Morning Walk Steps 12,092

πŸŽ…πŸ»    πŸŽ„    🀢🏻

It was a Blankets for Babies work day at church so I left right after breakfast.
We worked on blankets till about 11:00.
Then we had an ornament exchange and a few other little gifts
that we gave each other.
Played a little game of naming Christmas songs and then we had lunch.
As usual we did a lot of laughing and had a great time.

At home this afternoon I didn't feel like doing any work,
so just puttered about the house.

Happy Thursday and thanks for stopping by.
happyoneπŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳

This is the ornament I ended up with which I thought was so cute.
Snowman

He lights up too.


18 comments:

The Happy Whisk said...

I love snowmen. They're all over the second tree. I love how yours lights!

Tom said...

...a fabulous sky to start your day! ☃️ πŸŽ„ ❄️ πŸŽ…πŸΌ

Hill Top Post said...

I am dreading those 23 degree walks. Our lowest so far has been a chilly 19 degrees. The bulls seem to be enjoying the hay.

Dianna said...

What an adorable little snowman ornament. Your morning with the ladies at church sounds like a lot of fun.

Lowcarb team member said...

That sky is beautiful, and I like your snowman.

All the best Jan

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. That is a super cute little snowman ornament. So glad you have a good group of friends to make blankets with.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Best wishes for Christmas.

God bless.

Ann said...

Your snowman ornament is adorable. I have something similar but it doesn't light up.

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful sky and reflection photos.
I like your cute ornament.
Take care, have a great weekend!

Sandi said...

I don't understand the purpose of the metal cow fence. Does it keep them from fighting?

aspiritofsimplicity said...

Oh my goodness, that is a very cute little snowman ornament. I love that it lights up! Happy Christmas.

ellen b. said...

That is a cute ornament. Those cows look content! Happy 3 days before Christmas!

Inger said...

Getting together at church sounds so lovely. We used to have a crochet group here in the canyon, where some of us made baby blankets to donate. The pandemic put an end to it and we haven't gone back. A few of us are talking about starting up again and I hope it will come to pass.

Bill said...

A beautiful sunrise to greet you.

Billie Jo said...

I love your snowman!!!!
Merry and Blessed Christmas, my friend!

Jeanette said...

That is a super cute ornament!

Granny Marigold said...

Lovely sunrise. Our sky was covered with clouds so no visible sunrise. Luckily later on the sun shone through.
Cute snowman.

William Kendall said...

The bulls look stoic.