Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, April 20, 2023

Hay, front and back

48 degrees this morning when I walked.
No wind today and it was sunny.
Sunrise 6:32
Morning Walking Steps 12,956

First off walked up and down the main road and side streets.
Walked up this way which goes to the school.


 Then it was over to the ball park and walked around the loop
a couple of times.

Back down the main road, over to the cemeteries and around both.

Phlox is spreading nicely among the graves.



Didn't walk over to see the cows at the big barn because a
tractor was going back and forth bringing hay to the cows
and I didn't want to get in the way.

I'm walking behind the tractor here when it is going to get some hay.


Tractor heading over to the big barn with a hay in front and back.


Rebecca out walking today and also saw the man walking his dog,
and RuthAnn out walking her two dogs too.

By the time my walk ended it was already near 60.

☀️    🥾    😊

Blankets for Babies day so left for church after breakfast.
Marilyn brought breakfast (I eat at home) and I did the devotional.
We are doing something a little different for the devotional
for a while called
This Is My Life
and everyone will take a turn.
It is a way to get to know each other a little better.
Since it is a devotional we will include our life verse or one
that has some special meaning to us.

This afternoon I caught up with some house stuff that I 
usually do in the morning.
There was still time to enjoy a bit of walking outside too.

I usually write and post my blog after supper but did it early this time.
Now it's time for supper of homemade pizza!!

Thanks for stopping by and an extra thank you to all who
take the time to leave a comment.
😄
Happy Thursday
👩🏻‍🦳happyone🙂

15 comments:

Tom said...

...someone must have planted creepy phlox on a grave years ago. I sure is happy there.

Vee said...

You don't join the ladies for breakfast? Why is that? Yes, I have known you long enough to ask the really snoopy questions. You can tell me I am being rude.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Homemade pizza sure sounds good. I am wondering what your special "life verse" is.

William Kendall said...

Pretty purple.

Ginny Hartzler said...

The Phlox surrounded by green grass is beautiful. this Is My life will be most interesting! 🍕Now I want pizza.

ellen b. said...

That Phlox is a nice touch in the cemetery. How nice to reach 60 before your walk was done. We are looking forward to higher temps the end of next week. Have a nice Friday walk!

The Happy Whisk said...

I love the pholox and homemade pizza sounds very, very good.

Ann said...

That phlox in the cemetery looks really pretty.
Homemade pizza...yum.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
The phlox is pretty. I like the scene in the last photo.
The pizza does sound yummy. Take care, have a great weekend!

Barwitzki said...

The tractors also drive over the fields with us, it's a pleasure...
and soon the rape that was already sown in the fall will bloom.
Beautiful blue flowers...
many greetings to you from Viola

Billy Blue Eyes said...

Thats all I would need at the moment to smell hay, that would make me sneeze

Bill said...

We're having homemade pizza tonight.

Jeanette said...

The Phlox looks so pretty right now! I wish it stayed all year! You had a beautiful morning for walking!

Ruth Hiebert said...

I love the way the Phlox spread through the grass.

Granny Marigold said...

I'm glad you identified the purple flowers as Phlox. I wondered what it was.