Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, April 21, 2023

The rock maze trail

58 degrees this morning and sunny skies.
Just a slight breeze.
Sunrise 6:31
Morning Walking Steps 13,075 

Walked around both of the cemeteries first.
A side trip to the big barn and it looks like a calf was born
not very long ago.  It was very wobbly and so cute to watch.
Looks like this other cow is about to have her baby.
I waited around a little while but nothing happened.


A couple of geese out on the pond.
I watched them for a while chasing each other around.
Was hoping for a better picture of the geese.
There are two more at the shore line on the other side.


Walked on down to the ball park and walked that loop a couple of times.
Went on the short path behind the ball park by the stream 
where the skunk cabbage has sprouted.


Continued walking up and down the main road in town and
the side streets and back to the Jeep.

Saw Sheila running today.
Bill and his helper were putting up the town flags on the telephone
poles along the main road.
Bus number 49 has started waving to me.

🙂    🥾    ☀️    

Another good day for getting some laundry done.
Have to take advantage of these beautiful days.

Haven't made cookies for a while so today made some Snickerdoodles.
They pretty much tie with the Chocolate Chippers for me.

A couple of years ago David brought me to a trail called the
rock maze trail about a half hour drive from the house.
I've been wanting to take Ken there for quite a while and this
afternoon we went there.
A perfect time before everything gets too overgrown.

This is near the start of the trail.


Took a mess of picture and boiled it down to showing you these 7.


I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.
Amazing to be walking among these massive rocks.








Ken was impressed and it sure was a perfect day for being there.

Here's one more picture that Ken took.


When we got back home we sat out on the porch till
it was time for supper.

Happy Friday and thanks for stopping by.
👩🏻‍🦳happyone🙂

Comment Replies:
Vee - I don't eat breakfast with the other woman because I get up at 6:00 and walk and I'm hungry when I get home and the first thing I do is have breakfast. 🙂 Waiting to eat breakfast at 10:00 is just too long a wait.  

Deb - My life verse is Philippians 4:13.  I can do all things through Christ who strengtheneth me.  That verse has gotten me through many things!!!!

19 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

That looks like a fascinating place to explore!

William Kendall said...

It's been a long while since I had snickerdoodles.

Tom said...

...there's a couple of spots along the New York-Pennsylvania border that has similar rock formations. Yours look great.

Debby said...

Now that’s my kind of place! I find Rock formations and cliffs etc fascinating. It’s nice you live so close. Great place to take newcomers and friends.

The Happy Whisk said...

I love the tree barks coming down like that. What a great place to explore.

Mari said...

I love seeing the bright green that Spring brings.
That is a very cool trail!

ellen b. said...

What an interesting place to explore with those huge rocks.

Ginny Hartzler said...

These huge rocks are amazing! How did they get there, did they used to be hills or mountains? The pond looks so beautiful, and what a cute little calf!

Hill Top Post said...

It is the perfect time of the year to go exploring. I love your last picture.

eileeninmd said...

Those are huge rocks, it does look like a great place for a hike.
Love the cows and the view of the pond. Have a happy weekend.

Ann said...

I would love to visit that rock maze trail. What a fascinating place. I imagine with all those roots you have to watch where you're walking to avoid tripping on them.

Vee said...

Oh those rocks and roots! What an amazing trail with only a short window of time to enjoy it. Good find by David. Well that does explain why you eat breakfast at home. Way too late for breakfast. Perhaps they need to change to brunch. 😵‍💫 How exciting to see the new calves so soon after being born.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. That is a great verse and one of my favorites as well! That trail is great! I would love to hike that trail! It's so cool that it is so close to your home. I hope you have a good weekend!

Jeanette said...

That is a great trail!

Kerri Farley said...

What a cool trail!!

Bill said...

That is really nice trail to walk and exlore.

Debi said...

What a neat place to hike! Very interesting. Sure would have been awesome to have seen that cow give birth! Enjoy your weekend!

Ruth Hiebert said...

That trail looks very interesting.

Lowcarb team member said...

That trail does look a great place to visit ...

All the best Jan