Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, April 19, 2023

Wednesday

 This morning it was 32 degrees when I started walking.
There was no wind and it was sunny.
40 degrees when my walk ended.
Sunrise 6:33
Morning Walk Steps 14,168

First walked over to the library and dropped a book down the drop.
Then continued on over to the industrial park and walk all around in there. 
 Also walked the road between the park and the main road.


From there came back to town and up and down all the side streets
off the main road.
The last of my walk was around the upper cemetery a bunch of times.

Stopped to talk to Bill, he was turning on the speed sign that tells
how fast you're driving.
We had a laugh when I told him it tracked me going 4 MPH.

I saw a couple of hawks, killdeers, red winged black birds, robins, and
a couple of rabbits at the industrial park.
Then driving home just down from my house I stopped to watch
a wild turkey take his time crossing the road.
Surprised to just see one of them, usually see lots of them together.
These are the times I wish I had a regular camera.

🥾    ☀️    🌷    🙂

Nice enough today to get wash done and hung out on the line.

A bit of work inside this morning but spent most of the afternoon
outside walking around Happy Trails.

Beautiful sunny day with a little breeze and 65 degrees.


You can see the cabin up ahead where David and Liz live.


Looking up its nice to see the trees just starting to get their leaves


and looking down and seeing some dandelions.


I love days like this for walking in the woods.
No bugs yet and everything isn't overgrown.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Happy Wednesday
👩🏻‍🦳happyone😃

Gratitude can transform common days into thanksgivings, 
turn routine jobs into joy, 
and change ordinary opportunities into blessings.
- William Arthur Ward -

15 comments:

Tom said...

...good, you weren't speeding!

Debby - From my house said...

That is funny that thing tracked your speed. I too wish I had a really good camera. I spent all my cash on the upcoming helicopter ride. So it’s back to saving for my camera!

Ginny Hartzler said...

I love Dandelions, and think they are such a pretty harbinger of spring. How odd to find a lone Turkey! When an animal gets sick, they usually separate themselves from the rest of the group. So maybe that is the reason.

William Kendall said...

You must have been in the right position for that speed camera to register you.

Mari said...

I love seeing the green grass and the trees getting green. Nice to see David and Liz's cabin.
I saw one lone turkey yesterday too and thought it was strange.
4 MPH!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Our trees are starting to leaf out as well. I do love spring time. It's nice to see David and Liz's cabin. I remember when you lived in town and were building. What a perfect place for them! I hope you have a good Thursday! See you then!

LC said...

Enjoyed your springtime jaunt. I also got a chuckle out of your speed being checked! You go girl!

The Happy Whisk said...

I love hanging wash out!

Tonight we hit the sports store because my old walk/jog pants needed replacing after a billion years of use.

The plan: Get back out there to walk in the wee early hours!

ellen b. said...

Looks like a glorious day. A walk without bugs is good.

Ann said...

4mph, you were moving right along...lol
Sounds like a beautiful day.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
The speeding sign story is funny, glad you were not speeding.
Love the scene in the photo. I am so happy to see the trees turning green.
I love seeing and hearing the Killdeer, they are so cute.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

You certainly see many lovely creatures on your travels. How lovely.

God bless.

Bill said...

Our trees by the river are turning fast and the birds are signing their songs more now.

Jeanette said...

There is a patch of woods not far from our house I love walking in this time of year, too! No bugs to bother you!

Debi said...

Those phlox are so pretty. I've planted them a couple of times but they don't grow well here I guess. I love tagging along on your walks! Enjoy your weekend.