Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, March 03, 2023

Friday

Rainbow Sky 


33 degrees this morning when I walked.
Windy at times and cloudy.
Rain was on the way but it held off till I was back home.
Sunrise 6:46
Walking Steps 13,123

Walked around both cemeteries, the ball park, behind our 
old house in town and then up and down the main road and side streets.
Then another loop around the lower cemetery.

Lisa was out walking and we were both hoping to get home
before it rained. 

I was sorry to see some more trees in town cut down.
Three pine trees used to stand here.


ALL of the tree have been cut down on the building lot 
across from the day care center.
There is now a clean shot to the pond from this road and it looks
so bare now.
The big old tree is gone, along with the lilac bushes.
I wonder how many houses are going to be built.


☁️    🥾    🙂

After a breakfast of pancakes we took the tractor hose
that need to be replaced with us and went to the store the tractor
dealer recommended to get the replacement hose made.

What a pleasant experience.
Ken told them what he needed and gave the guy the hose.
He said, oh this is an easy job, with a smile.
He made it right there as we watched and it only took
a few minutes.
People were friendly, knew what they were doing, and the price was good!

On the way home we stopped at the library to pick up a DVD
Ken had reserved.  I waited in the car so I wouldn't get anything else.
When Ken came back he had his DVD and two more books for me.
I had two on reserve that had come in and Ken put them on his card.
Lori asked where I was and Ken said he made me wait in the car
because I would browse around and get even more books.
She told him, We encourage that behavior here.😃

After lunch I finished organizing and cleaning up my office space.
Then knitted and read.
I now have 5 library books to read.

Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Friday
happyone

Publishing this on my phone. 
Power has been out a couple of hours 

19 comments:

Tom said...

...I'm glad that you found a good hose shop, they can be life savers!

Debi said...

I hope your power wasn't out for too long. I love when a business transaction is pleasant. Their friendliness and help will serve them well. I love your first photo the sky is so pretty. Shame about all the trees being cut down, hopefully when they finish building they will plant more. Have a great weekend!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. If new houses are being built in your town, do you know where the people work? Is there a large town close that they commute to? So many people can work online from home now. That is what my son-in-law does. He is home all day working in his upstairs office. You sure have a lot of library books to read. Glad you were able to get the hose you need to fix the tractor. Sounds like you had a good day. See you again tomorrow!

Hill Top Post said...

We are on very friendly terms with our hose guy...except it is a hose gal. I love Lori's response, "We encourage that behavior here." Happy reading! :)

Granny Marigold said...

You certainly won't run out of books to read this coming week!!
I hope your power outage didn't last too long.

Ann said...

I hate seeing trees cut down.
Glad it was a good experience getting that replacement hose.
Too funny about the library. You ended up getting more books without even leaving the car.

Hootin Anni said...

I agree with Ann...so I will type ditto to her comment (and add beautiful pre-rain sky shot!)

William Kendall said...

What a lovely morning sky.

Agnes CF Lee said...

that was a quick fix for the tractor. You have got power cut too at your area, we experience power cut here once in a while.

Happy@Home said...

I hope, by now, your power has been restored.
What a beautiful rainbow sky.
How nice that you had such a positive experience when getting the hose taken care of.
That's so funny about your trip to the library. I can relate.

ellen b. said...

Hope your power came back on before too long. That's so nice to find a useful shop with great service. Enjoy your books!

Inger said...

You reminded me of how much fun it is to visit the library and get "real" books to read. I've become so used to reading on my Kindle Fire that I just stopped reading books that you can turn the pages in. And thanks for listing how many steps you walked. Your walking is so impressive.

Mari said...

It makes me sad to see trees cut down and more buildings put up. In our area, it seems like all the fields are getting another development built.
Too funny about waiting in the car so you didn't find more books. :)
That was a gorgeous sunrise!

Bill said...

Good that the hose was easy to make and pick up.

Vee said...

Poor Ken took the hit for your deciding to stay in the car. The way you read, those five books will be completed in no time.

I have never heard of a hose shop...never! Sounds as if it is something that I should have heard of.

Hope that there are good plans for those spots where the trees went down

Nellie said...

Hopefully your power outage wasn’t much longer! We had high winds here for the past couple of days. Our lights flickered, but we kept power, thank goodness! We have all become so reliant on electricity. Enjoy your reading!

Lowcarb team member said...

Sounds like you have plenty of good books to read :)

All the best Jan

Titti said...

What a beautiful morning sky! Always so nice visiting your blog...
Love, Titti

KEV. Robertson. said...

Not so much in favor of cutting down nice old trees...they take so long to grow- our Suburb has lots of trees- it was said that it was the first 'Green' Suburb. Enjoy your Books this coming week.