Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, March 02, 2023

Tractor Problems

 It was raining when I got up but by the time I was dressed
it had stopped!!
It was 49 degrees and cloudy when I walked.
Sunrise 6:47
Walking Steps 12,845

First walked around the cemetery on the hill, then over, to the ball park
and around there.  Continued down the road and walked
around the industrial park.  


Then up and down the road between the IP and the main road.
Back through town and that ended my walk.

Didn't see any others out this morning.

By the time I was back to the Jeep it was brighting up
and I saw a little sun.

☁️    πŸ₯Ύ    πŸŒ₯    πŸ™‚

The tractor was leaking hydraulic fluid and Ken wasn't
sure where it was coming from so he loaded the tractor
on the trailer and we took it to the shop.


When Ken was getting the tractor off the trailer he realized where the leak was.
Decided not to wait the 2 or 3 weeks it would take them to fix it
and try to fix it himself.
So we came back home with it.
Basically we took the tractor out for a ride.  πŸšœ πŸ˜ƒ

Ken took off the leaking hoses and tomorrow we will go and try
to find replacements for them.  The man at the shop told us of a store
 where if they don't have the right thing will make it.

Ken and I share a room for our office.
Him on one side and me on the other.
My desk and corner has become a catch all lately and it's time
to clear it out.  Started today with my desk and got it cleaned
out and organized once again!!
Hopefully tomorrow I'll finish and find places to put all the
other things sitting in the corner.

This evening we will watch the very last episode of George Gently.
We've enjoyed the series.
I'll probably make some more weave-its.
The last few days I've not had ice cream but had other snacks.
Tonight I'm back to ice cream.

Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Thursday
πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳happyoneπŸ™‚

Your smile brightens the lives of all who see it. 
To someone who has seen a dozen people frown, scowl or turn their faces away, 
your smile is like the sun breaking through the clouds.
- Dale Carnegie -

19 comments:

Tom said...

...we have a local shop that custom make hydraulic hoses. Over the years I bought a lot of them.

Debi said...

I read my husband the story of your tractor and he said, "Yup. That happens sometimes!" Hope you can get the part and get it fixed sooner rather than later. I had apple pie for my snack tonight.

Mari said...

I'm glad Ken figured out the issue with the tractor. It's always good if you can fix it yourself.
I saw your comment on shredding the chicken. I must have missed that post! I usually try to see each one. I'm so glad it worked out well for you.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. Charly and I share an office too. Actually we have three computers in one small room, which is supposed to be a bedroom. I am trying to get it cleaned out and packed up for the move. I hope I can organize our office better at the house we are moving to. I am so glad that Ken is handy and can fix the tractor himself! Have a good Friday. See you again soon!

Visits With Mary said...

My desk is continually collecting a variety of things, I'm always in the process of putting things away. "Took the tractor for a ride," made me smile, but it's really good hubby can fix it and save a repair bill. Ice cream sounds so good, I haven't had any in a while. Diabetes doesn't like ice cream. :(

Ann said...

I hope the tractor enjoyed the ride :). Nice that he can fix things himself instead of waiting on someone else.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
It is great that Ken can fix the tractor. My computer desk usually ends up as a collect all, I do prefer everything organized. Take care, have a great day and a happy weekend!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

You saved a lot of money, and time, by fixing the tractor yourselves.

God bless.

Hootin Anni said...

My desk holds books, pencil holder, TWO computers, mouse pad, reading glasses, and MORE books. And that is just the desktop. πŸ™‚
A whole new blog post....Ken, The Tractor Fixer-Upper!

Agnes CF Lee said...

Luckily Ken can fix it himself without having to send to the workshop. I share a home office with my better half as well, we use 1 table, sitting facing each other :D

ellen b. said...

Sometimes we just need to see something at a different angle to spot the problem. Hope you get all the parts you need to get it going well! Cleaning out spaces is so gratifying.

Bill said...

You save money when you can do the fix yourself. Good that Ken can do it.

Granny Marigold said...

Right now it's almost impossible to see the top of my desk. That area and the small desk in the kitchen ( where we used to have our phone) seems to be the spots where things are put that have no home. It's a constant chore trying to keep it neat.
Good that Ken is handy and can fix a lot of things himself.

Jennifer said...

"We took the tractor out for a ride..." Ha - that was great:) I hope it is an easy fix...and hope that you are enjoying that ice cream! Here's to a nice weekend ahead!

Sue said...

Happy Ken found the leak, it takes quite awhile for us to get our tractor serviced, our repairman is always backed up.
I've also been doing a little cleaning and organizing, still not up to par with the ankle, but hoping to soon get back to walking.
Have a great day,
Sue

LC said...

Best wishes with the repairs! Thanks for posting the colorful photo. It brought back memories of tractor rides with my uncle when I was a kid. His tractor was red, simpler but gave me an adventures and glimpses of how food came from field to table.

Rose said...

I got so tickled with the comment about taking the tractor out for a ride...LOL I definitely needed that.

William Kendall said...

Good luck with the repair.

Lowcarb team member said...

Hope you can fix the tractor ok.
George Gently was a good series.

All the best Jan