Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, December 28, 2022

Warming

Started out today with a temperature of 24 degrees.
Still icy in town so again walked the first half of my walk 
down in the basement.
Took this picture from the basement doors.
Surprised to see the pretty sky because I'm facing west!


 Made banana pancakes for breakfast.
I usually just slice the bananas and put them in the batter
but this time I mashed them up first.
I'll make them this way from now on, much better this way.

After lunch we went to the dump to get rid of a few bags of garbage.
Stopped at the library on the way home to pick up a book and
a couple of DVD's we had on hold.
Looked around a bit and ended up finding two more books to check out.
Drove around town checking out my walking places for ice.
I think there is enough places cleared for walking so in the
morning will give it a try!!
I can always come home if it isn't good for walking.

We ended up having a sunny day with no wind and we had a high of 40!!
Felt like spring!!
I walked around Happy Trails.
Had the ice grippers on my boots and also had my walking stick.


The sun lets you see how icy it is in places.


Coming back down to the house.


Worked on the puzzle a little and also read.
Started sewing the weave-it squares together too.

It's been a good day.
Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Wednesday
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณhappyone๐Ÿ˜Š
๐ŸŽ‰

15 comments:

Vee said...

I'm glad that it warmed up. That warming trend is scheduled to arrive here tomorrow. We already have no snow so that will be nice. Hope you find a path without ice.

Ginny Hartzler said...

The snow does look hard and slippery. The sky looks like a rainbow...blue, pink, and yellow layers!

Hootin Anni said...

76° here today!! Yay!!

Beautiful photos Karen.

Hootin Anni said...

Ps...beautiful new profile image.

Cathy W. said...

Hi Karen, reading your blog today and looking at your pictures brought a smile to my face. The view of the sun and clouds facing west made me think about you looking out this way. Maybe it brought a smile to your face looking towards our way in CA! ๐Ÿ˜€๐Ÿฅฐ
Love, Cousin Cathy

Tom said...

...we had a similar sunset here tonight. Watch out for the ice.

William Kendall said...

Banana pancakes sound good.

We had snow all day.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Beautiful pictures of winter....

Pretty new icon pic...

Happy coming New Year

Shilpa said...

I have never seen snow . Great pictures

Ann said...

It's warmed up some here too. Hopefully you can get back to walking outside again tomorrow.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Love the first sky shot and your views of Happy Trials. We are seeing some warmer temps now too. YAY! Take care, have a great day!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

All that snow ... I bet it's difficult finding any pennies ...

God bless.

Jeanette said...

I love the way the sun shines on snow like that! So pretty!

Pom Pom said...

I'm so glad you wear your grippers! Banana pancakes sound very good! God bless you, Karen!

Bill said...

Nice photos! The snow makes everything look beautiful.