Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, December 30, 2022

Heifers not Bulls

43 degrees this morning when I walked.
It was a cloudy walk but after I got home it was sunny.
Sunrise 7:37
Walked 6 miles 

Saw a couple of rabbits on my way to town.
Started walking going back down the main road towards home a ways
before turning around and walking back to town.
Went through town and over to the industrial park.



After walking all around the industrial park walked back through town.

A few of the houses in town that have been for sale a while have sold.
The brick one on the corner and the twin houses.
The For Sale signs are gone and one has a car in the driveway and
the other has a car behind the house.
 

Walking past the car dealers, Phil poked his head out the door
and wished me a Happy New Year and said it was nice seeing
me back outside walking.
Guess people notice when I don't walk.

On my way up the hill to the cemetery Farmer Marvin stopped 
and we had a little talk.
Remember the bulls from yesterday?
They are not bulls at all but heifers that have just been weaned.
Five of them will be sold and the rest stay here.
The bulls have been moved to a field by another barn.

In the post the other day when I walked up to Ron and Theresa's
house I said I could see their house from the cemetery.
Today I took a picture from the cemetery of their house.


Just puttered about the house today not doing much of anything.
Will be putting away the Christmas decorations soon so thought
I just wait till then to get cleaning done.

Made pizza dough and Ken made the pizza for supper.
We sliced up a tomato and topped it with that.

Thanks for stopping by.
Hope your Friday was a happy one.
👩🏻‍🦳happyone😊



17 comments:

William Kendall said...

Terrific shots!

Ginny Hartzler said...

What is this plant in your last photo? I adore your pastel sky with the geese flying in a V!!

Vee said...

Guess we weren't looking closely enough to identify heifers from bulls. 😏 Interesting that the bulls are not so far away.

It does not surprise me that people are aware of whether you are walking or not. You've become part of the fabric of your community.

The Furry Gnome said...

Great picture of that Milkweed seed pod!

Tom said...

...if a house is priced correctly it will sell! Happy New Year, Karen.

Henny Penny said...

I really love the sky picture with the geese. You do get a lot of beautiful sky pictures. Happy New Year to you and Ken! Oh, that last picture looks like part of an Indian head dress...

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. Houses are selling around here too - I think all the predictions of doom and gloom in the real estate market won't come true. At least I hope not. Glad you got to walk outside again today. I have been out of town and out of blogland, but I am back now. See you again tomorrow.

Hill Top Post said...

It will be a nice change to make friends with the heifers which I prefer. Most of our heifers get to stay on the farm while the bulls are sold.

Ann said...

Nice that those houses sold. I hate seeing houses sit empty. Love all the different views from your walk. It looks like such a peaceful area to live in. That's my kind of place. I would have a hard time living in a big city.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I see you still have snow. I bet it's cold.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello Karen,
I love your pretty sky shot with the geese!
This warmer weather is my kind of walking weather.
I wish you and yours all the best in 2023, a happy and healthy New Year!

Bill said...

Nice capture of the flying geese.

Melanie said...

Looks like a cold walk but very pretty. I'm glad you hear you're out walking again. Have a very Happy New Year!

ellen b. said...

You are certainly a constant in the life of your town with your daily walks.
I'm getting around to putting Christmas decorations away. I've also started a tough puzzle! Happy New Year to you and Ken.

Jeanette said...

Happy New Year to you and your family!

Granny Marigold said...

I'm glad Furry Gnome identified that curious yellow pod in the last photo. I wondered about it.

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like your photograph with the pastel sky and the geese flying.

All the best Jan