Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, December 19, 2022

Brenda's Pizza


Started out walking in the basement because town is still no 
good for walking.
Then after breakfast went out side and walked around Happy Trails.
It was 20 degrees but the sun was out.


So nice to see the sun shining after so many days.


 We had some errands to do.
Brought our garbage to the dump, dropped off books at the library,
picked up a couple of packages from the post office and picked up
a few things from the Dollar General.

David and Liz came by and asked if we wanted to go to Brenda's
and get a pizza for lunch, his treat.
Of course we said yes and we had a late pizza lunch at Brenda's.
It has been years since we've been there and the servers
still remembered us.
This was the first time we have sat down in a restaurant in just about 3 years!!!

Did a little house cleaning this afternoon.
I'm surprised I got the motivation for cleaning in the afternoon!!

Rest of the day I just puttered about the house and then read.

That's been my day.
Thanks for visiting.
👩🏻‍🦳happyone😊
🎄


Bless us Lord, this Christmas with quietness of mind. 
Teach us to be patient and always to be kind.
- Helen Steiner Rice -

Comment Replies:
Deb - I've read some of the Christmas series by Anne Perry, but not A Christmas in New York yet.  I've liked all I've read.  Yesterday afternoon I read A Christmas Message. 

17 comments:

Brenda said...

Like the name of the pizza place…my favorite food…we eat only outside since Covid…glad you enjoyed.

Ann said...

That first photo is beautiful. What a view. I love that blue sky too
Pizza sounds good. It's been a long time since I've had pizza other than a frozen one.

Lowcarb team member said...

Your first photograph is beautiful.
Nice to have pizza with David and Liz :)

All the best Jan

William Kendall said...

You got quite a bit of snow.

Tom said...

...your sunny skies made everything look great!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Your late lunch with David and Liz and pizza at Brenda's sounds very nice. I love that little Santa ornament at the end of your post. I am enjoying the Anne Perry book. It is a quick read. I hope you have a good week.

Ginny Hartzler said...

We haven't sat down in a restaraunt in about three years. Have not even gone into one, or used a drive-thru! Amazing that you were remembered after so long!

eileeninmd said...

Pretty scenes and photos! I like your Santa ornament too.
I would never turn down an offer for pizza, yum.
Take care, have a great day!

Hootin Anni said...

Pizza...anytime, anywhere, I'm sold!!!

Debbie said...

Your photos are so beautiful!

Your lunch sounds delicious! I love pizza :)
I am curious as to why you haven't gone to a restaurant.
Is it because of covid?

I see that some of your other comments mention not going
to restaurants either.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Lovely pizza made in the shape of Santa's face.

God bless.

Happy@Home said...

It's nice that you find so many options for places to walk.
What a nice offer David and Liz made. It would be hard to turn that down.
Very cute Santa ornament.

Bill said...

Pizza is always a good choice. Nice photos!

Granny Marigold said...

When I read your comment that you were surprised that you were motivated to do housework in the afternoon I thought to myself...You're like me. Definitely a morning person. Walking early then getting the necessary work done preferably before lunchtime. Although I will bake in the afternoons sometimes just because I enjoy that.
I had an eye appointment this morning but it was cancelled because we got a foot of snow overnight. Schools, libraries, so many things closed due to the snow.

Jeanette said...

Yes I definitely would have lost any ambition for cleaning after running errands a pizza lunch! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!

ellen b. said...

That was a nice invite for pizza. It's fun that the servers remembered you!

Rose said...

Wow, three years without eating out...that is quite a long time. But we have only been inside McDonalds once and Hardees one time since Covid. But we have eaten out other places.