Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, October 12, 2022

Wednesday

47 degrees with a mix of sun and clouds once 
the sun rose at 7:25.
No wind to speak of and I walked 5.6 miles.


First walked over to the Dollar General to see how the parking lot
was coming along.  Half of it is paved.

Walked through and around town and then
around both of the cemeteries.

Another reflection in the town pond.


Haven't seen Joy walking in a awhile so it was nice to see
her today and we stopped for a little chat.
She was on holiday down in Florida.
She assured me she never missed a day of walking and one
day walked 8 miles!!!

Didn't see any one else out this morning.


☀️    ☁️    🥾    🍁

Spotted this plant growing in one of the planters out front
and have no idea what it is.
I sure never planted it but it sure is a pretty little flower.


A nice sunny day again so got some laundry washed and
hung outside to dry.

Changed some things around in the living room and dining room.
Just needed a change.

Sat outside on the front porch and did some reading.

It's been another good day.
Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Wednesday
👩🏻‍🦳happyone🙂

Comment Replies:
Jeanette - I find mostly coins and rarely bills.  Just put coins in the banks, bills I spend.  Have found a few one dollar bills and a twenty once.  The big money I found was when I found Carlo's wallet. Check out that post HERE.

John -  Yes, I did notice the moon in the picture.

We live in Garrett county which is in the western part of Maryland. Our town is in the north west of the county.
No, not much traffic here because there aren't many people. Only around 29,000 people in the whole county.
No traffic to speak of driving down to LaVale which is in Allegany county.  You can take I68 or the back road, Rte 40 which we like to do.  We pass through Grantsville and Frostburg. 
 
No crowds here and that is one of the reasons we moved here.
We lived in Howard county down by DC and Baltimore for years and it is crazy with traffic and crowds down that way.  That is why we moved to the quiet in western Maryland.
If you like peace and quiet, no crowds, and beautiful countryside western Md is great.

We get a fair amount of snow in the winter but they are used to it here and they do a great job of snow plowing.
It is usually about 10 degrees warmer down in LaVale.
Hope this answers your questions - if you have more just ask. 

23 comments:

William Kendall said...

A lovely morning!

Latane Barton said...

What a nice morning walk! Wish I had to nerve... but I guess I am just lazy

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen - your home town and county sounds lovely. The greater Salt Lake and Utah county areas are so crowded now. I would like to move somewhere there are few people, but Charly and I also like the amenities of the city, so who knows where we will end up. I am off both tomorrow and Friday and I am looking forward to nice morning walks both days. I hope you have a good one. See you again soon!

Hootin Anni said...

Is that an ice plant? Looks like what we had inTucson

Tom said...

...Karen, you sure had some gorgeous colors to enjoy.

Vee said...

It was a lovely day here reaching to 72° for three minutes and a half. I enjoyed it, but I did not walk nearly six miles. Those tree top colors are phenomenal.

Galla Creek said...

This summer walking at the Lake Laura found two wallets. One she saw it fall from his pocket and gave it to him. The other she took to the office. They said he’d already reported losing it.

Vee said...

Oh I think Hootin Anni called it on the mysterious flower.

Ginny Hartzler said...

The sky is beautiful. I like the make things different around the house, too.

Granny Marigold said...

Beautiful reflection again. I hope someone will be able to identify that pretty flowering plant.

Hill Top Post said...

What a beautiful start to the day! And, to think many people sleep right through all that glorious beauty. I enjoyed reading about your county; glad someone asked.

Ann said...

Whatever that flower is, it sure is pretty.
I used to frequently change things around in my living room and bedrooms. Now I'm just too lazy and things stay where they are.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I love the fall colors and trees, the reflection shot is beautiful.
Love the pretty flower! Take care, enjoy your day!

Rose said...

You got some great photos! It would be hard to choose a favorite!

John's Island said...

Hi Karen, Thank you so much for answering my question so completely. It sounds like when you were living by DC and Baltimore you were feeling the same way I feel now about Seattle. It's just getting crazy with crowds and traffic. Congratulations on finding western Maryland! Thanks again! John

Jeanette said...

I have an app on my phone called "picture this" and I just took a picture of your picture of that flower. It's called a Trailing Ice Plant. Thanks for answering my question. What a wonderful thing that you found that money and wallet for Carlos.

Happy@Home said...

How nice to have that pretty flower volunteer in your planter.
The colors in your photos (sky and leaves) continue to be gorgeous.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Sounds lovely where you live.

The $64 Thousand Dollar Question... What are the Politics??????????? >,-))))


We live in a lovely part of the Country, but the Politics are making us hate it. -sigh-

💛 🌟 💛 🌟 💛

Bill said...

Beautiful reflection and foliage.

Lowcarb team member said...

Such a lovely reflection in the town pond...

All the best Jan

Debby said...

Ice plants grow crazy along the California coast. I'm surprised they would survive in the cold. They're pretty but on the coast the snails and slugs love them.

ellen b. said...

Great reflection photo and that Ice Plant is pretty. The Dollar General in Chewelah should be opening soon. It will be fun to finally shop in one when we are traveling home from Spokane. It's a bit too far to make a special trip.

Ruta M. said...

I was going to say that the flower is mesembryanthemum but trailing ice plant is a prettier and easier name to remember.