Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, October 11, 2022

Sunny Day

 36 degrees this morning and calm.
The sun rose at 7:24 and then was sunny.
Walked 5.8 miles
Found a penny

Walked over to the Dollar General where I turned around in the
parking lot and headed back down the main road and went a little
ways up Sale Barn Road.
The cattle are in the pasture up that way and they
too are Farmer Marin's.


When I got back to town I walked around the cemetery 
at the top of the hill.
Went down to see the bulls down by the Drane house.
Three of them are still in the barn yard but these are
roaming around in the pasture.


The parking lot of the Dollar General has had all the holes filled in
and now awaits for the new paving.

Saw Rebecca walking Leo coming down from the cemetery as
I was walking up to it.
Probably mentioned this before by Farmer Marvin is
Rebecca's uncle.


☀️    🥾    🍁

We went down to LaVale this morning to do a few errands.
Went to Harbor Freight
Staples
Surplus City
and Ollies.

We drove through a fast food place for lunch.
Beautiful sunny day.

When we go home Ken washed both the Jeep and the truck.
I usually wash the Jeep but got a break!!

I swept out the garage and washed the floor landing in the garage
by the door to the house.

Then just walked around enjoying the sunny day.
Made it up to 70!!!


I have longer to work on the bedspread than I thought.
Blankets for Babies isn't till NEXT week
so I should have the bedspread finished this week!!!

Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Tuesday🙂
👩🏻‍🦳happyone🎈

16 comments:

Vee said...

Those parting color combinations are stunning. One could plan a room around them. If you did tell us that Rebecca's uncle is Farmer Marvin, I had forgotten.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Lovely picture of the fall leaves. That is so cool that you have such beauty right out your window! It was nice of Ken to wash your Jeep as well as his truck. I hope you have a good Wednesday tomorrow.

John's Island said...

Hi Karen, Did you happen to notice the moon in your first photo with the cattle? Very nice. Wow, you sure got a lot done today with all those errands. I had to look up LaVale on Google Maps. I see it is close to Cumberland. I like the size of those cities around you. How is the traffic going over to LaVale? One of the benefits of blogging is finding bloggers who live in interesting places, like yourself. In the next couple of years we are thinking about moving out of Seattle … it is getting too crowded and expensive. I’ve been checking out some places in Maryland. Yes, it’s all the way across the country but it sure is beautiful. So, that is why I asked about the traffic. Is it easy to get around in your area and do you feel like it is not overcrowded? Thanks in advance for answering. Also, thanks for your comment on my blog today. John

Rose said...

I cannot wait to see your finished bedspread!

That photo of the bulls with the sun behind them...I so love that. It is a superb photo in my book.

Those leaves are gorgeous. We went to the kids today, and along the highway there were a lot more pretty trees than right here at home. But they are sure starting to color up here, too.

Mari said...

Such beautiful color! I love seeing cattle out in the pasture. It always makes me happy to see cows. :) And I love the moon in the sky!

Tom said...

...the "girls" seemed happy to see you come by!

William Kendall said...

Count on cows to be curious about people.

Ginny Hartzler said...

What gorgeous sky and trees!!! Fall beauty.

Hill Top Post said...

How can you even think about going inside with so much autumn to soak up?

Ann said...

Love all the fall color in the last picture. It got quite nice here yesterday too. I think it was 73 when I left work

Hootin Anni said...

Magnificent color...incredible pasture image!! It just can't get more perfect.

Melanie said...

The colors are beautiful up your way now! They're just beginning to turn here. I love that you take photos of your walks. "Find a penny, pick it up. All the day you'll have good luck." as my grandmother used to say!

Jeanette said...

Looks like day to get a lot done! Taking advantage of the sunshiny days! I'm curious as to how many bills you have found on your walks, and do you just put them in the jars with the coins?

Bill said...

The colour of the trees is brilliant. I love your photos of the cattle, they are beautiful.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I always love seeing the bulls. The fall colors are beautiful.
It is nice to have these sunny days to enjoy the great outdoors.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Lowcarb team member said...

The colour of the trees is so beautiful.

All the best Jan