Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, October 13, 2022

Two Trees

 Walking this morning the temperature was 55 degrees.
It was cloudy with a breeze.
Walked 5.8 miles
Sunrise 7:26

Walked around town, the ball park and both cemeteries.


Rebecca was out running.

Don't you love the sound of rustling leaves as you walk through them!!


Thinking how odd this tree looked with half of it turning colors
and the other half all green.


I walked over for a closer look and realized that it was two
different trees super close together.
These are the different leaves from each tree.


No rain while I walked but it was on the way.


I pulled into our driveway,
opened the garage door and as I was about to drive in
it started to rain.
Talk about perfect timing!!!

☁️    🍁    🥾

In the morning Ken put some sausages in the slow cooker
with peppers, onions, and sauce
and supper was taken care of.

We stopped in at the library and I gave Lori and Connie
the scarves.  Kim isn't working till Monday but I left it there for her.

Picked up another book while I was there,  
a Joy Fielding book.  
Have a couple other books I have to read first though.



Also picked up an Agatha Christi audio book.  
Thought I'd give an audio book
a try again.  

For some reason I just can't listen to a book and do something else.

Going to give it a try when I'm
knitting or making weave-it squares.
 



There was a sale on ice cream at the Shop and Save so we
stopped in there too and picked up 4 more containers.
Looking forward to my ice cream treat tonight.

Thanks for visiting.
Happy Thursday
👩🏻‍🦳happyone🙂

Comment Replies:
Thanks to Vee, Anni, and Jeanette for identifying the plant yesterday as ICE PLANT.

MsBB - Our county is conservative but most of the Maryland is liberal.

19 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love stepping through the fall leaves and hearing them crunch. I enjoy audiobooks, but only nonfiction. I have a hard time keeping all the characters straight when I listen to a fiction book. Glad you got some rain. We could sure use some here.

William Kendall said...

I've seen some trees here doing that half and half thing.

The Furry Gnome said...

I think rustling leaves is my main memory of fall!

Bill said...

I love the sound of crunching leaves as I walk over them. Glad you made it home before the rain came down, the sky was looking very dramatic. My wife listens to sudio books as she knits. I can't keep my concentration focused when listening to a book, I tried a few of them then gave up. :)

Mari said...

You have some gorgeous pics today. That double tree is so interesting, the leaves on the ground are so bright and colorful and that last pic of the dark sky is so stunning!
I bet your librarians were thrilled with the scarves.

Debby said...

I like that you took the time to investigate the mystery of the two trees. Most people these days are in such a hurry and they miss out on the splendors and little mysteries God has for us. I love trees, and so that was interesting to me. I have a twin cedar in my yard - one tree that spilt into two.

Years and YEARS ago, when I had a family daycare in my home, my boys and I would collect all the fallen leaves, store them in the bag, and spread them out on Halloween - the little daycare kids loved walking and crunching in them as well as it made a sound that the trick or treaters were coming up the walkway.

NIce post. Beautiful pictures.

Tom said...

...your sweet gum leaf isn't showing any color! Enjoy rustling in the leaves.

ellen b. said...

That's a pretty assortment of leaves. That storm's a comin photo is cool, too. Yippee for ice cream sales. Enjoy your evening!

Vee said...

Thanks for the thanks, but Anni gets all the credit. ☺️

Those trees do look unique. Maybe Anni can identify them.

It has been raining all evening...I think it's supposed to do the same all day tomorrow.

I think you'd enjoy listening while crocheting.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wow, the back of the leaves is pink!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Friendly trees.

God bless.

Ann said...

I can't resist walking through leaves and kicking them around a bit to make that glorious noise.
Those two trees do look like they are just one. Too funny.
I can't do the audio books. I would much rather just read it myself.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Love the trees and the pretty leaves on the ground. The sky does look threatening. We had a day of rain, I guess it was needed. Have a great day and a happy weekend.

Hootin Anni said...

That image of the two trees is like doublemint gum...two treats in one.

I tried an audio book on a long trip once and lost concentration both in driving AND listening...

John's Island said...

Excellent photos, as always! Thanks for sharing!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Crock Pot... Oh please, what Sauce?? It sounds delicious.

Thank you for the reply to my question. You are in an island of Wisdom, in a Sea of Liberalism. -sigh- We used to be the same, but now..... Even where we live, is a Quagmire of Liberalism, like NYC.

🎃🍁🍂🌰

Sandi said...

Beautiful leaves!

Granny Marigold said...

Ice plant. I must remember that name. The double tree sure can fool a person. Very pretty though and probably fooled many others too.
I have tried listening to audio books but I found it hard. I think I need to actually see the words.
The sky looks so dark over the corn field. I wonder if you ended up having a rainy day.

Debi said...

That's a pretty neat tree photo! We're out of ice cream... wonder if anyone here has it on sale... hmmmm. Hope you have a great weekend!