Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, October 14, 2022

Two Deer

 

A frosty morning and 37 degrees when I walked.
It was clear and calm.
Walked 5.2 miles
Sunrise 7:27
The sun didn't come over the mountain till about 7:45 so just 
saw a little of the sun walking. 
We ending up having a beautiful sunny fall day.

Walked around town, the ball park, and the
cemetery on top of the hill.



Didn't see anyone else out walking but did see Bill
by the ball park emptying the trash cans.

The cemetery cat was out and come over for her/his morning pet.

Had to leave for home at 7:55 because we had to leave the
house to go out at 8:40.

☀️    🥾    🍁    🙂

We watched a few deer out back as we ate breakfast this morning.
Here two of them are entwined cleaning each others necks.
Don't think I've seen them to this before.


We left right after breakfast for a work day at church
doing Fingerprints.
There were 14 of us there today.
Ken and I worked from 9:15 to 1:30.

Never feel like doing anything when we are out in the morning
so just read and puttered about till it was time to make
the pizza dough.

It's been another good day.
Life is Good
Thanks for popping in for a visit.
Happy Friday
👩🏻‍🦳happyone🙂

Comment Replies:
I was surprised to read in the comments that there are many of you who are like me and don't like audio books!!  Haven't tried knitting and listening yet.  Will let you know when I do.

MsBB - Ken added tomato sauce to the crock pot yesterday - supper was delicious.

GrannyM - Yes, it was a rainy day yesterday!

17 comments:

Tom said...

...those deer are special.

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a magical photo of the deer! And I really love the frosty ground in combination with the brilliant orange trees! Have you ever shown the cemetery cat?

Vee said...

Audio books aren't my favorites either, but I do enjoy podcasts.

I have never seen deer do that either. Teamwork is a good thing and it makes for a wonderful photo.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I mostly listen to audiobooks when I am out walking by myself, driving, folding laundry and cleaning. Charly and I listen to audiobooks when we are in the car together on a road trip. I also enjoy podcasts. I much prefer to read the hard copy of the book, because I like to refer back to things. Like I said yesterday, I really only listen to nonfiction because it is really hard for me to keep all of the characters straight in some books, unless I can look back a few pages to see who that character was. Cul-de-Sac had a lot of characters in it. I am glad you had another good day. I love that picture of the deer. See you again soon!

Debby said...

Not big on audio books. I love the feel of a good book!

Granny Marigold said...

Brrrr! It sure looks chilly out your way. Those deer are just so dear. ( I couldn't resist)

Hill Top Post said...

This post is a stark reminder that we can soon expect frosty mornings. We are expecting our first frost next week.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Beautiful deer.

God bless always.

Hootin Anni said...

Just look at that Frost...winter can't be far away!!

Ann said...

How sweet those two deer look.
Whenever I go out in the morning for something on my days off, I never get anything done when I get back home

Rose said...

I love the view from your house. I dont think I have ever seen deer do that either. I wonder if it is a mother and child?

I love audio books...sometimes there is a narrator I cannot listen to, or sometimes have to get used to...but they are better than TV or at least as good. The one thing I have to turn it off if Roger comes and starts talking. I cannot listen to both.

eileeninmd said...

Pretty tree and scenes. It does look frosty there! The deer are so cute.
Take care, enjoy your weekend!

Bill said...

The trees look very pretty with their colours. You captured a special moment between the deers. Have a nice weekend.

Mari said...

Such beautiful photos today! The deer picture is so special.

ellen b. said...

We really enjoy audio books on long road trips but don't listen to them at home. Glad you had a lovely Fall day. We are unseasonably warm here with no frosts, yet.

William Kendall said...

The deer are pretty.

Jeanette said...

Love the picture of the two deer with their necks entwined!