Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Tuesday

 47 degrees this morning and clear. 
Just a little fog on the way to town and sunny at the end
of my walk once the sun rose at 7:38.
Walked 5.8 miles

Walked around town and then over to the Dollar General 
where I turned around.
Rumor has it the the Dollar General is expanding and will
have some produce in it too.
The DG is at one end and the hardware store at the other end
with an empty store in the middle.  I'm thinking that they may
take over that empty place.
Will have to wait and see what happens.

Next I walked around the ball park and then both of the cemeteries.

The bulls are down at the end of this road.
They made me laugh today.
As I was walking down the road they all started walking over to the gate.  
By the time I got there others were running out of the barn.  
Some were pushing others out of the way.
I told them no pushing was allowed. 
I talked to them for a while and when I left some started mooing.
I'd like to think they were saying
See you tomorrow.  🙂





Lisa was out walking and I asked her if she'd like to bake some
cookies for the Drane house bake sale.
(Pam had asked me if I knew of anyone who would help bake)
She said yes and would make some gluten free cookies.

Saw Rebecca walking too and was going to ask her but she
was talking on her phone. 

Another great morning to be out walking watching a new day start.

☀️    🥾    🐄    😊

We went food shopping at Casselmans this morning in Grantsville.
We shared the parking lot with a horse and buggy.
The shoppers were two senior Amish women.

The horse and buggy, shopping cart, and the car driving by in the background
I thought made for a good picture.


Did some general house chores,
worked on the puzzle some and made a few more weave-it squares.
Yesterday I said there was going to be 15 different colors in this one.
These are the colors I'm using.


That's it for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Tuesday
👩🏻‍🦳happyone😊

21 comments:

Tom said...

...Karen, your farm photos are wonderful. The buggy looks like a Swiss Amish one.

Ginny Hartzler said...

That's a lot of pretty colors. I know that cows are very curious but this story about the bulls is so cute!!!

William Kendall said...

Cows know who they like.

Debi said...

I love the horse and buggy photo (I'm a little obsessed with the Amish lifestyle). Maybe the cows were saying "Have a great day!" I think it would be so nice to have cows speak to me in the morning. I have a cousin who knits almost exclusively with the Caron Simply Soft yarn. It is such beautiful yarn. Can't wait to see that blanket finished, it's going to be gorgeous!

Mari said...

I think the bulls are getting used to you and now look forward to your visits! I love the horse and buggy.

Rose said...

I can't wait to see how you arrange the colors when you make the blanket. They are all so pretty.

Deb J. in Utah said...

That yarn is so pretty and colorful. It will make a bright and fun blanket. I love the picture of the Amish horse and buggy. I am wondering how many Amish families you have in your area? Glad you had another nice day. See you again tomorrow. :-)

Connie said...

The light pole going up the center of your photo of the Amish horse and buggy almost looks like its dividing the past from the present. Old-fashioned transportation to the modern world. Too bad our cars can't fertilize our gardens, LOL have fun with your cookie baking.

Hill Top Post said...

The horse and buggy picture is definitely my favorite of the day. The cattle were feeling frisky today. Some of the calves chased Millie and when a couple approached me, I shook my stick at them. The new blanket may be my favorite too. I love those colors!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

I like the horse and buggy.

God bless.

Ann said...

Those Amish buggies can be seen quite often parked out back where I work. I think more of them are starting to get rides now from people who drive them though. We do get a lot of Amish shoppers.
That blanket is going to be very colorful.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The bulls were happy to see you! I love the horse and buggy photo, I was surprised to see one at our local Walmart. The yarn look colorful, the blanket will be beautiful. Take care, enjoy your day!

Hootin Anni said...

Love your chosen colors for the blanket! And, since I have Amish in my distant family, this photo of the horse & buggy is special. Oh and ....
"glutton free" cookies? I got a kick out of that, knowing you meant gluten free. For some cookie lovers they CAN be gluttons. lol

As for the bulls?..."moo" right back at' em.

NanaDiana said...

Love all the photos and I am happy you stopped and conversed with the cattle. lol. I talk to animals, too. That blanket should be fun with all those colors. Happy Wednesday- xo Diana

Jeanette said...

Funny how the bulls come to the fence to say hi to you! I would laugh too! Love the picture with the horse and buggy!

Inger said...

The horse and buggy made for a great picture and so did the yarn.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

I love it!!! The bulls already know you and want to say "HI"!!! And See You Tomorrow!!!

🍁🌰🌻🍂🎃🍂🌻🌰🍁
"Hark! The wind is rising,
And the air is full of leaves.
We've had our summer evenings.
Now, for October Eves."

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Such nice cool weather! We were happy to still be in the 70s when we hiked this morning. Love the photo of the buggy!

Bill said...

Beautiful image of the horse and buggy.

Debby said...

The Amish buggy is definitely something we don’t see here in California. As a kid, I first saw them in Ohio and PA. Fascinating.

ellen b. said...

That is so fun how the bulls respond to you! That will be one colorful blanket for sure. Hope your Wednesday is going well.