Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, October 26, 2022

First puzzle of the season

 51 degrees and cloudy when I left the house
but rain was on the way.


Walked through town and over to the Dollar General,
turned around and then walked up and down some streets.

Saw Lisa and Dwayne walking in town and we commented on
how dark it was.
Seemed like we should be saying good night instead of good morning.

Met them again at the cemetery on the hill.  
I was walking down the hill and they were walking up and
that is when it started to rain.
I had walked 3.5 miles when the rain came.
Kept on walking and walked around the lower cemetery a few times
and got pretty wet so that ended my walk.

The sky was this pink color toward the east
but dark behind me.


Sunrise 7:39
Walked 5 miles
Found a Penny

☁️    πŸ’°    🌧   πŸ™‚

We got a crock pot of hot sausage, peppers and onions,
and tomato sauce going this morning for supper.

Got some house chores out of the way
and then I finished reading my book
and worked on the puzzle.


That pretty much was my day.

Thank you for stopping by.
Happy Wednesday
πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳happyoneπŸ™‚

Comment Replies:
Deb - Yes, there is quite a lot of Amish around here.
Anni - Thanks for pointing out that typo.  Was pretty funny!!  πŸ˜„ 

20 comments:

Tom said...

...I life the pink glow over the cemetery.

Ginny Hartzler said...

The puzzle looks lovely! Does your husband work them with you? How many pieces do you usually work? The pink sky over the cemetary is beautiful.

Bill said...

Hot sausage, peppers and onions sounds great. Nice photos!

Henny Penny said...

That puzzle looks like it will be pretty! I like the pink sky picture. You get lots of good sky pictures.

Rose said...

The puzzle looks like fun.

We had the rain yesterday...we needed it.

Debi said...

Funny you should mention puzzles. We don't do them in the Spring/Summer seasons, but we do enjoy them when the weather turns colder. Today we picked through several bags of puzzles that were given to us and picked out the ones that we want to work on and took the rest of them to the thrift store. 750 pieces is our limit as we don't have the space for any larger ones (nor the eyesight!)

Lisa said...

Me and my husband love to work puzzles. I have a new one we need to get started on but for some reason, just cant find the time.

Lisa

Deb J. in Utah said...

Wow, I like that puzzle. I want to do more puzzles this winter. We are having more snow and a hard freeze here tonight.

William Kendall said...

The days are shorter.

Mari said...

What a pretty photo to start your post!
At work we were talking about how we don't like coming in to work in the dark. The days are getting shorter...
Sounds like it was a good day for a puzzle and a crock pot meal.

Debby said...

Doesn’t a morning pink sky in the east mean rain? Pretty sky. I like puzzles but sometimes it’s hard for me to settle down long enough to do it. I’be been doing a lot lately and enjoying it. I used put up a card table with a puzzle at Thanksgiving and Christmas but we haven’t done that in awhile - it gets cramped and my house is small with that and people!

Anyway lovely post - have a good evening

Granny Marigold said...

It was so dark when we left the house just before 7 that we brought a flashlight. There are areas of the path in the park where the trees are close on both sides and it's hard to see where you're going. We go off Daylight Saving time next week and I can never remember if it gets darker or brighter in the morning after we change time. We were in time to see some raccoons on their way home.

Hill Top Post said...

I wonder how many puzzles there will be by the time winter is over. I guess we should count old western movies! πŸ₯΄

Victor S E Moubarak said...

So glad you found a penny. It's been some time now ...

God bless.

Hootin Anni said...

From a lavender to pink sky! Stunning. Your sausage and peppers sounds great on a rainy day (I'd serve it on a bed of rice!!)
I haven't set the puzzle table up yet, but am doing them on my phone. Tiny pieces to make it a challenge. lol

Ann said...

The sausage and peppers sound good. I love meals that you can throw in a crock pot.
I'm liking the look of that puzzle you're working on.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
The pink sky is beautiful. Your dinner sounds yummy. I started working on a puzzle too. Take care, enjoy your day!

ellen b. said...

By now you are done with your Thursday walk! I'm up way to early here on the left coast! Looks like a fun puzzle to start the season. I need to pull one out here, too.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Love that pink sky!!!

Wondering... Do you have a potato or some pasta, with this Crock Pot dinner? *inquiring* minds what to know. >,-)))))

πŸπŸŒ°πŸŒ»πŸ‚πŸŽƒπŸ‚πŸŒ»πŸŒ°πŸ
"Hark! The wind is rising,
And the air is full of leaves.
We've had our summer evenings.
Now, for October Eves."

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I love the puzzle with the big red barn!