Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, October 24, 2022

Bake Sale

 41 degrees this morning when I left on my walk.
A clear sky with many stars here at the house but half
way down to town it was foggy and stayed foggy for all of my walk.
Walked 6 miles

Walked all around town up and down all the streets.


Then around the ball park and both cemeteries.
Walking between the corn up to the cemetery.
(guess any time now the corn will be cut down)


Lisa was out walking and we stopped for a chat between cemeteries.

My walk was just ending when the sun made its appearance to 
burn off the fog.


Another great morning for a walk.

๐ŸŒซ    ☀️    ๐Ÿฅพ    ๐Ÿ˜Š  

Ended up being another beautiful sunny day.
Got the sheets washed and hung on the line and did 
my usual morning chores. 

๐Ÿช    ๐Ÿž    ๐Ÿช 

A woman, Pam who I thought I didn't know called me and asked
if I would be willing to do some baking for the annual Drane house bake sale.
 (it wasn't held for a few years because of covid)
I told her I'd love to.

It used to be just cookies but now it will be breads and other baked
goods as well as cookies.
I'll be baking 5 dozen Welsh Cookies
5 dozen Chocolate Chip Cookies
and 7 small pumpkin breads.
The sale is December 3.

The sale used to be held in the Drane house but now
will be held in town at the town hall.
The proceeds from the sale go into maintaining the Drane house.
Pam told me I could drop the baked goodies off at the
town hall the Friday before the sale at 8:00AM.
I said that was perfect because I walked every morning and
would drop them off then.
She then asked if I was the one who walked by in the
bright orange or green hoodie, I told her yes.
It was then we realized we knew each other.
She lives in the house right next to the church in town.

๐Ÿช    ๐Ÿž    ๐Ÿช

Such a pretty day I had to go outside for a while this afternoon.
Didn't feel like doin any work so just walked around.

The baby blanket I'm working on for November has 40 squares done already.
It has 12 different colors in it and will have 4 more colors.
I know I say this all the time but THIS ONE is my favorite.

That's all I've have for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Monday๐ŸŽƒ
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณhappyone๐Ÿ™‚


25 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

Sounds another good day.
I enjoyed your photographs; I always think mist/fog add to them at this time of year.
Happy Baking :)

All the best Jan

Tom said...

...the cemetery in the morning fog is beautiful.

Debi said...

I just love your foggy morning photos. They are so peaceful and calm. Can't wait to see your November blanket completed. Have a great week.

Granny Marigold said...

How nice to find out that you and Pam actually know each other. I'm sure your baking will be very appreciated at the bake sale. And the proceeds going to the upkeep of the Drane house is a good thing too.
Great picture of the sun shining through the morning mist.

Vee said...

Wow! You signed up to do a lot of baking. Interesting that you found out you knew each other.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I cannot remember just what The Drane House is!

Deb J. in Utah said...

It is so kind of you to help with the baking. You are Ken help out so much in your town and church. I will look forward to seeing a picture of your latest blanket. I think they are all beautiful! So glad that your day went well. See you again tomorrow!

Debby said...

That’s a lot of baking. You’re amazing

William Kendall said...

The mist adds such a pretty touch to things.

Hill Top Post said...

I love your foggy morning pictures. We had rain today, so I didn't hang out the sheets today. That's a lot of baking to be done, but of course, you will whip those cookies and breads up in no time at all.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Very misty morning where you are.

God bless.

Ann said...

That's a lot of baking you'll be doing. Hope the bake sale does well.

Aritha V. said...

Beautiful photos. Misty mornings are so special.

Hootin Anni said...

I'm sure the bake sale will profit and raise what's needed for the historic house. Love the early, misty, photo of the October morning!!!

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful photos, I love the sun/fog shot. I hope the bake sale does well, I would buy some of your cookies. Take care, enjoy your day!

Retired Knitter said...

I imagine it is fun to live in a small town where the chances of getting to know your neighbors is a real thing. It seems like in areas like I live - it is rare to make friends with neighbors. The bigger the town the less likely it is to really know people. You are lucky.

Happy@Home said...

Pam was probably so happy with your enthusiastic response to the baking. How interesting that you ended up knowing each other.
Pretty pictures from your walk through the fog.

ellen b. said...

Moody October mornings in your area. We are having them here, too. Wow! You are going to help in a big way to earn money for the Drane house! Good for you!

HWIT BLOGG said...

Oh som magical and beautiful pictures of the fog, wow!!
What a lovely morning...
Love from Titti

Bill said...

The morning mist adds a touch of mystery to your photos. The bake sale sounds great.

R's Rue said...

Your photographs are always magical.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Connie said...

Oh my, reading your post was torture . . . I'm in the middle of a fast and all those baked goods make my mouth water and my tummy grumble. Fasting a few days for health issues, sure hope it works. Send a prayer my way if you will, thank you.

Rose said...

I love the photos from this post!

susan q said...

love the fog pics!

Jeanette said...

Love the fog pictures! I love walking in fog although walking through the corn looks just a teeny bit creepy! too many Children of the Corn movies, I guess!