Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, October 18, 2022

Quilt Headboard

 A cloudy morning and 31 degrees when I walked.
A bit of a breeze and it got windier as the day wore on.
Sunrise 7:31
Walked 6 miles
Yesterday a few of you mentioned my 7 mile walk of yesterday.
Just wanted to say that once you are out walking there is
not much difference between 5, 6, or 7 miles.
I don't feel any different - it's time that makes me go home.

Walked all around town and around both cemeteries and the ball park.


Rebecca was the only person I saw and saw her twice.
Once walking Leo and the second time she was running.

Wore an extra layer and I know it is hard for some to believe
but I was too warm and had to take a layer off.

Pretty quiet around town this morning.


☁️    ๐Ÿฅพ    ๐Ÿ˜Š

We went to the Shop and Save to pick up a couple things.
Didn't need much so didn't go out to Casselmans.

Ken had to pick up a book from the library that was on hold so 
we stopped there too.
I should have waited in the car because I came out with 2 more books.
(Deb - Saw a book by C J Box, The Bitterroots so picked that up because
you said liked his books and thought I'd give him a try)

Also yesterday a couple people mentioned the headboard for our bed.
Instead of a headboard I put up a quilt.
Here's a better look at it.
No one I know made it.
Bought it years ago from a catalog called Blair.
I remember it being very inexpensive and bought a few different designs.


Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Tuesday
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณhappyone๐Ÿ™‚

20 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

...and I love the "headboard"!!!!

Tom said...

...we are renovating our house, the quilt is a wonderful idea.

Jeanette said...

Love the quilt and it makes a great headboard!

Rose said...

I love that quilt, too...and such a great idea. I used to wear layers to work, and soon as I got settled in, unless it was real cold, they started coming off.

Debby said...

Nice quilt.

Mari said...

That's a pretty sunrise!
I like the quilt headboard. I remember Blair catalog.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. I hope you like the C.J. Box book. I have that book you are going to read. Let me know what you think. I love that quilt above your bed. Your room looks so nice and comfy. Sounds like it is getting cold here. Still in the 70s here, but I understand that will be changing soon. See you again tomorrow.

Debi said...

I love the idea of using a quilt as a headboard. Very creative!

ellen b. said...

I love that idea for a quilt as your headboard. Nice. Well we finally were able to stop at the new Dollar General in Chewelah, 25 miles from our home. We were driving by today coming back from a trip to Spokane so it was convenient and on the right side of the highway for us to check it out. They are still not quite fully stocked but it was fun to take a walk through!

Ginny Hartzler said...

This is such a fabulous and creative idea. Your bedroom is so cheerful and pretty!

Hill Top Post said...

I love your bedroom colors. The quilt above your bed is such a wonderful look. Some days I do feel like walking on and on, but some days I am happy to get back home. Millie would go until she dropped. She is my big incentive to keep going.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Beautiful headboard.

God bless.

Ann said...

The quilt is a clever idea to use in place of a headboard. I remember the Blair catalog.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
I love your first sky shot, very pretty. The quilt headboard is beautiful.
It is getting colder here too, in the mid 30's early in the morning.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Vee said...

I like the quilt as a "headboard." I use a quilt my mother made in a similar way, though I actually have a headboard. Are we going to hear that you've walked 8 miles soon? ๐Ÿ˜Š

Bill said...

Beautiful quilt and it really stands out on the headboard.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Excellent idea for a headboard!!!!!

๐ŸŽƒ ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ‚ ๐ŸŽƒ

Michelle said...

I like your quilt idea. Yours looks great!

Galla Creek said...

I like the head board.

Lowcarb team member said...

I like the quilt; it does make a very nice headboard.

All the best Jan
PS Fabulous first photograph.