Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, October 17, 2022

Done at last

 A cloudy morning walk with a little breeze and 48 degrees.
Sunrise 7:30
Walked 7.2 miles

Ken left while I was out walking.
He went to Bedford to drop off the Romans books that are 
ready for shipment and to pick up another pallet of scriptures
to put together.
I didn't go this time because a man from church wanted to 
go along to see where we get them and learn the process.

Because Ken wasn't going to be home when I got back I walked a little farther.
Just walking along enjoying my walk and didn't realize
how far I had walked till I looked at my pedometer.


First walked to the library to drop off a couple of books
and the Audio book.
I tried to listen to the audio book while knitting but just didn't like it.
I need to read the book myself.
Well at least I gave it one last try.

Continued walking through town to the Dollar General, turned around
and back through down.
Down the main road a ways and around both cemeteries and the ball park
a few times.


John was out walking Prim, and also saw
Lisa and Joy.

☁️    πŸ₯Ύ    🍁

Finished the yellow and white gingham bedspread.
Ken took this picture of me last evening sewing the last
strip on it.


You can see it on our bed

My friend Bernice called and we had a nice long talk.
We grew up together in NJ and have been friends our whole lives.

Having the house to myself all day I got lots of cleaning done.

Later in the day I read.
This evening I will probably start on the next baby blanket.

Got pretty windy again during the day and we are now starting
to seeing the neighbors barn through the trees.

Thanks for popping in for a visit.
Happy Monday
πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳happyoneπŸ™‚

18 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your cemetary photo is gorgeous! I don't thnk an audio book would work for me either. I would not be able to just sit still and listen, and cannot do two things at once. Your bedspread is gorgeous, and so cheerful. I love what you did for a headboard!!

Rose said...

I was so hoping you could find an audio book you enjoyed. I love Anne Perry audiobooks...I don't know who the narrator is but they do an excellent job, at least in my opinion. And I love to listen to the narrator of at least some of the Wendell Berry books, but if I am not careful, I listen to the sound of his voice and not what he is saying sometimes. LOL

That is a pretty pic of the cemetery. and I love that photo of the bedspread in your lap. I wish it included you...it gives such a feelig of home. I bet it was warm on your lap.

(it was so cold here, if I had had to be outside I would have put on long johns..it was actually in the 40's but the wind was so, so cold.)

Bill said...

Nice colourful trees in the cemetery. Your bedspread is beautiful and I bet it took many hours to complete it. Enjoy your day!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Wow, you had a nice long walk. Sorry you didn't enjoy the audiobook. I love your yellow and white bedspread. That is so bright and cheerful. Have a good Tuesday. See you again tomorrow.

Mari said...

That was a long walk!
I should try an audiobook, but I think I would be like you.
The bedspread looks great! I love the cheery colors.
I always get more done when Bob isn't home too.

Vee said...

My goodness! You took a very long walk! That would have taken me all the way to the city! ☺️

Love your bedspread so much. Yellow is my happy color...wish I could wear it.

It's good that someone else wanted to see what was what with the books.

Sorry that the audio book didn't work out.

Hill Top Post said...

How wonderful to have your gorgeous, one-of-a-kind bedspread finished in time for the cold nights of winter. It’s really quite an accomplishment. Congrats on a job well done! I also love your headboard! We are expecting our first freeze tonight so we will be adding a warm blanket to our bed. It’s such a wonderful time of year to be out walking, but I think 7 miles would do me in! πŸ₯΄

Tom said...

...you have some wonderful maples to enjoy!

Ann said...

7 miles, that was some walk.
That bedspread looks amazing. You do nice work. I wish I had the patience for something like that. I tried to make a granny square afghan once and got about 10 squares done before I lost interest.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Beautiful coloured trees.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
That was some walk, 7.2 miles. The view of the forest is pretty. I like the bedspread, well done! I prefer reading over the audiobooks. Take care, enjoy your day!

Hootin Anni said...

7+ miles?! Kudos.
Love your bedspread...and loved seeing the yellow walls!!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Gorgeous!!!

Bright!!!!

Happy!!!!!

What is more happy than yellow????????

-smile-

πŸŽƒ πŸŽƒ πŸŽƒ πŸŽƒ πŸŽƒ πŸŽƒ

Beside a babbling brook... said...

I don't see the point of listening to a book, other than if sitting in a comfy chair, and not wanting to hold the book or tablet. But needless to say, having one's whole attention on what you are listening to.

When you are walking, you are paying attention to all around you!!! As one should be , to me. So why split attention between nature, etc., and the book?

Same with doing tasks and listening. You want to do your tasks well, and don't need to have attention split.

MOST important... when driving. yikes, I can not understand attention split between listening to book, and attention to driving! Noooooooooooo!!!! Eeeek!

πŸŽƒ πŸŽƒ πŸŽƒ πŸŽƒ πŸŽƒ πŸŽƒ

Granny Marigold said...

You and I walked in exactly the same temperatures this morning. I need to start wearing a second pair of socks because my feet got cold.
I'm glad you posted a picture of the new bedspread on your other blog. It's very lovely.

Retired Knitter said...

Wow, that bedspread sure is beautiful. Inspiring.

William Kendall said...

The fall colours are lovely.

Debi said...

Love the yellow blanket, very pretty. I've tried audio books but I just can't seem to concentrate on listening... my mind wanders and I have to "rewind". I'd much rather read with my eyes than with my ears I guess!