Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, September 07, 2022

Spider

 62 degrees this morning when I walked and there
was a misty rain falling.
Walked 5.3 miles
Sunrise 6:51

Didn't see any sun at all while walking.
Started out with my umbrella up but got tired of carrying it and
 the rain was so light I ended up going back to the Jeep and
leaving the umbrella there.
I ended up being just a bit damp.
It kept me nice and cool too.


Walked around town, the ball park, and both cemeteries.
No other people out walking and didn't see any animals either.

A quiet uneventful walk.
Sometimes that's a good thing. ๐Ÿ™‚

☔️    ☁️    ๐Ÿฅพ    ๐ŸŒธ

Got some more cleaning done.
This time the bathroom.
A few other chores got done too.

Ken took this picture of a spider on the garage door.
Looks like there is a partly eaten wasp or something in the web.


Finished making the last two weave-it squares and just
have a couple more strips to sew together and then it will be done.
Will do that later this evening.

David and Liz stopped for a while this afternoon.
Always nice to have a pop in visit with them.

It's been another rainy day
but a good one all the same.

A few of you mentioned the long curls in my school picture yesterday.
My mother set my hair in rags.
To see a video how it is done click

Thanks for stopping by for a visit.
Happy Wednesday๐Ÿ™‚
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณhappyone๐ŸŒป

Comment Replies:
GrannyM - Yes, my ankle is back to normal, though I haven't tried jumping on it yet!!

15 comments:

Deb J. in Utah said...

I am glad you got a little rain, even if a light drizzle. We are 106 here today. WAY TO HOT for September in Utah. Thankfully, there may be some rain and cooler temperatures at the early part of next week. See you again tomorrow.

Tom said...

...I like webs at this time of year, but big spiders are a bit creepy!

Ginny Hartzler said...

I'm assuming you left the spider be. I have aracnophobia. So am running and screaming as I type...

Vee said...

Ohhhh...that spider! *shudder* Third day of rain here. I'm ready for some sun and warmth.

Mari said...

Oooh - that is not a spider I would be happy to see. I do like to see webs - outside though!

William Kendall said...

That's a big one.

Hill Top Post said...

I watch the weather forecast so I can dodge the rain because of Millie. She doesn’t mind a little mist but in heavier rain is quite miserable. Some of the cattle act a little afraid when I carry an umbrella.

Hootin Anni said...

Umbrellas can get cumbersome. I agree. Most times the winds shift and I get wet anyway. I don't like spiders at all, but that photo Ken took is exceptional

Ann said...

I can imagine that it does get a bit tiring walking that far with an umbrella.
That spider is rather creepy looking. I'm not afraid of them but I don't like them getting too close either.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
We have had some nice rain the last day or two. That is a huge creepy spider.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Aritha V. said...

O no, what a large spider!

ellen b. said...

That is one serious looking spider. I like pop in visits, too. We don't get many living out at our place. Happy day to you!

Rose said...

I don't blame you with the umbrella...I have to be going in to see a dr or something where I want to look nice before I will carry and umbrella....I would say I would have liked playing with one as a kid, but I cannot stand to carry one. LOL

I don't want a spider on me, and the one that are that almost white color...kind of greenish/yellow...those creep me out. But otherwise, I just leave them be. They are interesting...and I love the orb weavers.

Love that first shot...it makes me feel like fall is on the way.

Inger said...

That looks like a big spider. I'm working on having a better relationship with them and outside it's fine, if they are small inside I pick them up in my insect rescue little box and take them outside, but if they are huge, and in my house, sorry, but they will get stomped on.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

What are those spiders?????? They make a thick white web and are very messy. I have to brush those awful webs, from front door and windows.

๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ