Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, September 08, 2022

Another Misty Walk

 When I walked this morning it was 60 degrees
and once again there was fog and a misty rain.
Didn't even bother with the umbrella and I got a bit damp.
Walked 5.5 miles
Sunrise 6:52

No rainy picture today.
Instead here's a picture I took the other day on my way back
from checking out the HUGE cattle barn.
I'm heading back to the cemetery.


Today had my usual walk all around town, the ball park and
one of the cemeteries.

Saw Lisa and her husband Dwayne walking together.
(usually they each walk on their own)
Rebecca was out running too.

Oddly I didn't see any animals out!!

Happened by the bank and took a picture of the progress.
It is paved now but looks like it might need a final coat on it.
Seems like this project is taking such a long time!!


I am so thankful to be able to be out here taking a morning walk.

๐ŸŒง    ☁️    ๐Ÿ    ๐Ÿฅพ

Last night we watched
Goodnight, Mr. Tom
and we both thought it was very good.
Someone recommended it on their blog but can't remember who.
So whoever it was THANKS.

First thing after breakfast I got a crock pot of chicken going. 
 This time I added BBQ sauce.

Have been putting off dusting but finally got that MOST of it done today.

It was a misty kind of day but every so often the sun would
pop out for a few minutes.

This afternoon I enjoyed some time reading and knitting.

That's all for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Thursday๐Ÿ™‚
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณhappyone❤️

Comment Replies:
MsBB - Pretty sure the spider from yesterday is a funnel weaver

17 comments:

Debby said...

beauty photo - your new camera takes nice pictures.

Tom said...

...the view of the rutted lane is beautiful.

William Kendall said...

I like those views.

Mari said...

That photo on the top is gorgeous! What a view!
It was misty here this morning too. I love driving to work in it, it makes everything so pretty.
I haven't heard of Goodnight Mr Tom. I'll have to look for it.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

That one photo looks like a picture puzzle...like those you like to work. Your new phone takes very good photos!

Lisa said...

We went out for a walk in a mist and got 2miles from home and it poured! We were soaked to the bone but it felt good and I even jumped in a few mud puddles for fun. It was great.

Lisa

Deb J. in Utah said...

I read the book, Goodnight, Mr. Tom. It was excellent. I am not sure I realized there was a movie. I will have to see if I can find it. Thanks for the tip.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I have never heard of this movie!

Hill Top Post said...

Wow! Love the picture. It may be a good thing your old phone drowned in the pond.

Granny Marigold said...

It must have felt very Fallish with the fog and misty rain. That first picture looks like something from the distant past with the sandy rutted trail and not a power pole in sight.

Ann said...

Your picture from the other day is gorgeous.
I've never heard of that movie. Now I'm curious what it's about.
Dusting is one of those chores that I always seem to forget about.

eileeninmd said...

Love the photos, your phone camera takes great photos.
I have never heard of the movie, I will try to find it.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

I do believe that your new phone takes even more crisp pictures!!!!! Gorgeous!!!

๐Ÿ‘‘๐Ÿ’›She kept her word๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ‘‘

Galla Creek said...

My cousin, Rev. Frankie Powell, said you don’t dust you just move the dirt around. ๐Ÿ˜

Aritha V. said...

Prachtige foto! What a nice view.

ellen b. said...

Nice view of that lane. Glad you had a good walk. I'll be MIA (missing in action) over the next couple weeks. Time will tell if I get the opportunity to visit blogs while we are in England. Cheers!

Lowcarb team member said...

Lovely views ...

All the best Jan