Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, September 06, 2022

Tuesday

 62 degrees when I walked this morning.
Some fog around.
End of my driveway as I leave for town.


Walked 5.3 miles
Sunrise 6:50

Walked through town and back and around the ball park loop
a couple of times, then back through town.
Down the main road toward home a ways, turned around
and went back to town.


Walking down the road here after walking around the lower cemetery.


Then headed up the hill to the other cemetery and back to the Jeep.

John was out walking Prim.
Lisa running.
Ran into Joy walking around the cemetery.
Stopped for a little chat with all of them.

Saw a few rabbits again - they've been hiding the last few days.

First day back to school here by me.
Nice to get a wave from bus driver 46 again.

Here's my school picture from the first grade.


Another day to enjoy a morning walk.

☁️    ๐Ÿฅพ    ๐Ÿ˜Š

My new phone case came in the mail today.
Hopefully I'll have it for some years.


This day has been one of rain showers followed by little
periods of sun.
Nice and cool too.

Did a bit more cleaning and then read.

Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Tuesday
happyone

Comment Replies:
PomPom - Yes, I did get tired of carrying the umbrella. ☔️ 

Aritha - Coyotes are afraid of people and if you leave them alone they will leave you alone.  Here's a LINK about Coyotes.

Debbie - Thanks for stopping by.  Let me know when your blog is up and running and I'll pop in to see you. ๐Ÿ™‚

21 comments:

Tom said...

...we are in a fall weather pattern this year, cooler with shadowers. I like the farm scene.

William Kendall said...

I really need to look into getting a phone case.

Debby said...

THose photos are stunning.

The Furry Gnome said...

Oh, you look so cute!

Galla Creek said...

Love seeing how you looked in first grade. Ringlets in your hair. ❣️

Mari said...

Love that pic from the end of your driveway.
You were so cute - love those dimples!

Rose said...

I bet you notice the days getting short for sure. I have been noticing that for a good while now. Love that wet road, but also that fog shot.

I hope you have that phone for a long, long time.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Your first picture has a lovely blue haze. You have the cutest dimples! And Shirley Temple curls!

Hill Top Post said...

What a cutie you were/are! I love the dimples. I am beginning to see a hint of fall along your roadsides.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

A pleasant autumnal walk.

God bless.

Ann said...

That school picture is so cute. I think school starts back up today here too.

eileeninmd said...

Love the first two scenes and photos. Your new phone case is a pretty color.
Cute photo of you. Take care, enjoy your day!

Hootin Anni said...

Loved seeing your school photo (those dimples!). Nice phone protector...pink.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. That is such a cute picture of you in 1st grade! Glad you had a good day. I like your phone case. I got a dark blue phone case but wish I had gotten something brighter. Your new phone sure takes good pictures. See you again tomorrow!

Aritha V. said...

Thank you for the link. Oooh, I have also a pink phone case too :-)

Kerin said...

That foggy picture is so pretty!
We've been too hot here in the west for fog, so thanks for sharing that with us!

What a doll you were in first grade...love those ringlets and your megawatt smile :)

~K.

Vee said...

What a sweet first grade picture. You were wearing a smile as you usually do.

We're in a similar weather pattern again and I see the golden rod is all abloom as it is here as well.

Granny Marigold said...

I thnk your grade 1 school photo is so cute. Looks like you had ringlets!!
Would you say your ankle is totally healed now?
Nice lilac coloured phone case.
Here in BC there have been a number of cases where coyotes have stalked people and conservation officers are telling walkers to be careful. So STRANGE.

ellen b. said...

Your school photo is sooo cute! Love the early years photos. Sounds like your ankle is doing real good.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

LOVE that pic!!!!

๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ๐Ÿ

Jeanette said...

Love your first grade picture! My mom used to set my hair in rags, too! I have several pictures of me with the same kind of curls!