Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Sunday, August 21, 2022

Sunday

Happy Sunday




✏️    ✏️

This past Thursday at Blankets for Babies it was my turn to give the devotional. 
This is it.

Today I’m going to talk about walking, placing one foot in front of the other and going forward one step at a time. 
 
If you stop doing that you are not walking anymore but standing still.
Walking implies movement, progress and direction.

Walking with God means moving forward in step with God leading the way.

Most of you know that I go for a walk every day.
I also walk with God every day.
I’ve jotted down a few thoughts comparing my morning walk with walking with God

1.
I like to and think it is good to go walking the first thing in the morning.
It gives me energy for the whole day.

Just like it is good to start the day walking with God.
Praying and asking Him to walk along with you showing you what to do all day.

📖 Jeremiah 42:3

That the LORD thy God may shew us the way wherein we may walk, 
and the thing that we may do.

2. 
My morning walk puts me in a good mood and makes me happy.

Walking with God does the same thing - I am content knowing God has my
best interest in mind.

📖 Psalm 89:15

Blessed is the people that know the joyful sound:
they shall walk, O LORD, in the light of thy countenance

3. 
Walking makes me thankful.
First that I am able to walk and for the motivation to get up and walk
and for all God’s blessing.

I am thankful that God walks along with me each day.

4. 
When I see a beautiful sunrise I think that it is
God saying Good Morning Karen.

Spending time with God in morning devotions is my way of 
saying Good Morning to God.

5. 
Walking takes times as does reading God’s word
but it is important to me and I find the time.

6. 
I go walking in good weather but also go in all kinds of weather.
I wear layers of clothing to protect me from the weather
and rain pants and my yellow slicker when it rains.

Just like walking along with God we go through those sunny days
but also when it storms. 
 He protect us and helps us through those times.

7.  
When walking in bad weather I know that the sun is still there 
just above the clouds but can’t be seen.

When we go through hard times, 
we may not see or feel God but he is always there
watching over us.

📖 Psalms 84:11

For the LORD God is a sun and shield: the LORD will give grace and glory:
 no good thing will he withhold from them that walk uprightly.

8. 
If I don’t or can’t go walking one morning I just don’t feel 
right for the whole day.  Something is missing.

If I skip a morning devotional or don’t talk to God something seems missing 
and the whole day just doesn’t go right.

9. 
 When I go walking even if things are not so great or troubles come my way
things don’t seem so bad when I’m out walking.  
Walking gives me peace.

Just like going through those times of trouble don’t seem quite so bad 
when I know God is right by my side walking along with me all the way.  
He gives me peace.

Psalms 23:4

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, 
I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; 
thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.


I’ve always liked this little poem about starting the day right.
Though it is not directly about walking I think praying 
is part of walking with God.

The Difference 
by Alan Grant

I got up early one morning and rushed right into the day.
I had so much to accomplish that I didn't have time to pray.
Problems just tumbled about me, and heavier came each task.
"Why doesn't God help me?" I wondered. 
He answered, You didn't ask," 
I wanted to see joy and beauty, but the day toiled on, gray and bleak. 
I wondered why God didn't show me. 
He said, "But you didn't seek.: 
I tried to come into God's presence. 
I used all my keys at the lock. 
God gently and lovingly chided, "My child, you didn't knock." 
I woke up early this morning and paused before I enter the day. 
I had so much to accomplish that I had to take time to pray.


A Blessed Sunday to all.
Jesus Loves You❤️
👩🏻‍🦳happyone🙂

18 comments:

Tom said...

...I hope that every day you will find beauty, keep looking up.

Granny Marigold said...

Beautiful words of encouragement both for walking and more importantly, walking with God. Thanks, Karen.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Did you used to be a teacher? Or a Sunday School teacher? Oh my, you have written a wonderful devotional!!! We must slowly put one foot in front of the other, and not go either backwards or anticipate what is too far ahead. This will be such a blessing to your church! What babies do the blankets go to?

Hootin Anni said...

Wonderful devotional and absolute perfect poem.

Ruth Hiebert said...

Very well said. The words of that little poem echo what the minister said in church this morning. The more we have to do the more important it is to take time to pray.

Mari said...

Beautiful sky photos!
I love your words on walking and walking with God.

Debby said...

This was such a cheery post! Love your use of walking and walking with God. So true isn't it? I really liked this post!

Ann said...

What a fabulous devotional. You have a way with words.

Vee said...

Loved the devotional and most meaningful poem you closed with.

LC said...

A wonderful collection of reminders about how to live life to the fullest through a close relationship with God!

William Kendall said...

Beautiful sky views.

ellen b. said...

Wonderful and practical devotional, Karen. I'm sure it was an encouragement to all the ladies as it was for me, too. Thanks for sharing it.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

This is a wonderful Sunday post. Thank you.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Gorgeous sky captures. Take care, enjoy your day and the week ahead

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Thankyou ❤️

Hill Top Post said...

A beautiful post, Karen! God was certainly sending you a huge good morning when he created the oh-so-wonderful sunrise in your first picture.

Henny Penny said...

Oh Karen, this is a wonderful post. I read and enjoyed every word. I love the poem too. It is so true. I need to keep this devotional and read it again and again. Thank you.

Rose said...

This was wonderful...you really do have a way with words. You should submit this to Guide Posts...you might have to rearrange it since everyone doesn't know you walk every day. But it really would is a good reminder to us.