Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, August 20, 2022

A sunny day

59 degrees this morning when I started walking.
A nice mix of sun and clouds.
Walked 5 miles
Sunrise 6:34

Walked through town and to the curve in the road where I walked up the farm driveway just a bit and then turned around. 
Just turned around here at the south end of town 
and now I'm headed back north again.


Back in town I walked around the ball park a couple of times and then back to the main road and out the north side of town.  
Turned around after a bit and walked back in town heading south.


Lastly I walked around the lower cemetery.  
It is nice walking here in the shade of the corn.


The golden rod is now blooming.



Pretty quiet around town this morning.
Didn't see anyone else out.

A couple of mushrooms



๐ŸŒค    ๐Ÿฅพ    ๐ŸŽˆ

It was a beautiful sunshiny day.

Did a load of laundry and got it hung out to dry and did 
 the basic every day house chores.
Other than that just puttered about both inside and outside the house.

We ate lunch on the porch again and continued our ice cube contest.
This time I got one in and Ken missed all of them. ๐Ÿ™‚

Read some sitting out on the porch in the swing and then
did a little knitting.

Supper this evening was BLT's.

Thanks so much for popping in for a visit.
Happy Saturday๐Ÿ™‚
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณhappyone๐ŸŒป


The sun does not shine for a few trees and flowers, 
but for the wide world's joy.
- Henry Ward Beecher -
Comment Replies:
GallaCreek - No, I don't rotate my walking shoes.  Wear a pair completely out and retire them and then on to a brand new pair.  I have heard of people rotating them though so no, you are not crazy! ๐Ÿ™‚

13 comments:

Tom said...

...I love the view down the road to the church.

Hootin Anni said...

That last mushroom is heart shaped. Mmmm, blt sandwich is a #1 favorite at our house!!

Rose said...

Now I want to get out to see if Goldenrod has started to bloom here. I did see two trees that were turning yesterday. They were not big.

The mushrooms are interesting. I told Roger we should be seeing fairy rings soon. When Roger was in acuter therapy after his stroke, I could look out on a high school's sportsfield an there was the biggest fairy ring I have ever seen. I forget how many mushrooms I counted.

Vee said...

Definitely a quiet morning when you were the only one out and about. I, too, checked to see if there was any goldenrod out...not yet!

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a big beautiful field of Goldenrod! I have trouble telling the difference between them and Wild Mustard, both of which we have in abundance around here. The second mushroom is shaped like a heart!

Granny Marigold said...

My favourite photos today would have to be the one with the road leading to the church and then also the blooming Goldenrod.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love BLTs and we haven't had them for quite a while, so maybe I will plan on having them one day next week. I hope you have a lovely Sabbath!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Another 5 miles. Well done.

God bless.

Ann said...

I noticed the goldenrod starting here too. That's always a sure sign that fall is on the way.
A BLT sounds good.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Beautiful views, I like the pretty goldenrod. Always nice to have a sunshiny day. Take care, have a great new week!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

The goldenrod is lovely...

๐Ÿ’›

William Kendall said...

Quite peaceful views.

ellen b. said...

Nice views with sunshine, too. Well done on the ice competition! :)