Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, August 23, 2022

A Toad

When I went walking this morning it was 60 degrees and cloudy.
Walked 5.2 miles
Sunrise 6:37


I've been walking 5 miles the last few days and my ankle feels just fine.
The only things I can't do yet is jump and stand on tippy toes.
There would be no problem walking my usual 6 miles.
For now though I'm just going to walk the 5 miles.
I've tried to just walk 5 miles many times which has always been my goal
but it always seems to creep up to 6 again.

Walked around town, both cemeteries, and the ball park.

Lots of apples on this tree in someones back yard.


I seem to always take pictures of the church as I come into town.
Here is a picture from the other side going out of town.


It was another very quiet morning around town and didn't see any one
else out and about.

This little toad was sitting in the middle of the road behind the church.
I made him hop over to the side and into the grass.


The last mile a very light misty rain started falling but didn't last long.

☁️    🥾    🌻

Mid morning we hopped in the Jeep and drove to the Shop and Save 
to pick up a few things.  

Next stop the Dollar General and the last stop was the library. 
Ken had to use the copy machine and also pick up a couple books
that were on hold.

I looked around while he was doing that and ended up checking
out three books of my own which I had no intention of doing.
Just so hard to walk in the library and not walk out with books.

Did a few house work chores and then puttered around out side.
It ended up being a cool sunny day.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Happy Tuesday🙂
👩🏻‍🦳happyone🌻

Comment Replies:
Aritha - The book I'm reading now is Triple Jeopardy by Anne Perry, a Daniel Pitt book.

18 comments:

Tom said...

...the neighborhood deer should enjoy those apples!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. So glad you aren't having any further problems with your ankle. I am like you - I have a hard time going to a library without checking out a book! I think I need to read some of those Anne Perry books you like. Glad you helped that little toad move to safety. I always hate seeing little creatures in harm's way. I hope you have a good Wednesday. See you then!

Hill Top Post said...

You almost always start your posts off with a great picture, and so you did today. I love being able to look far off in the distance. If I should be so fortunate to have an apple tree loaded with fruit, I would be canning pie filling. Sadly, we lost both our old trees in a windstorm. I so enjoy visiting libraries, but like you, can never leave empty handed.

Vee said...

I love to see a steeple on a church.

Five miles is a good long way to walk daily. How much of a
time difference is it between five miles and six?

Granny Marigold said...

I went to the library today too. There was a book ready that I had requested. While I was there I looked at the Book Sale racks and found one for myself and one for DH.
That was nice of you to get the toad off the street.
I noticed that the church and some houses sure are not set back much from the street. I wonder why they were built so close to the road.

Ginny Hartzler said...

What an adorable toad! That is an abundant harvest of apples!

Rose said...

I bet it feels so good to be able to walk. I am wondering what kind of apples those are. There are so many varieties...and I don't know even a fourth of them.

Mari said...

That's a lot of apples!
I love the church steeples and that toad is cute too!

Nellie said...

I am glad your ankle has improved enough for you to enjoy walking again. How helpful you were to the toad!

Billy Blue Eyes said...

No you could have picked him up and saved the poor think hopping. I've not had one in our garden for a while, had frogs and newts thought. I like the church on the main street

Hootin Anni said...

Oh yes...the deer are gonna love the apples!!

Ann said...

That tree is really loaded.
So glad to hear that your ankle is doing well.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Thank you for saving the toad.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
That tree is loaded with apples, yum! The toad is adorable.
I am glad your ankle is better and you are back to your walking.
Take care, have a happy day!

Galla Creek said...

Is this the church you attend.

ellen b. said...

That's a nice looking old church. I like that toad. Fun to spot it. The Dollar General that is being built in our county is coming along. Don't know when they'll have it done. Glad your ankle continues to improve.

William Kendall said...

I like that church view.

Ruth Hiebert said...

It looks like a good year for apples. The church is a beautiful building.