Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, August 24, 2022

Then and now

 58 degrees this morning when I started walking
and some fog around at first.
Walked 5.1 miles
Sunrise 6:38


Wasn't long though before the fog was gone and it was sunny.


Walked around town, both cemeteries, and the ball park.

Went down to see the bulls in the barnyard.
Three of the four that were there.


The man who I saw walking the other day with the ear pods was
out again.  This time he waved.  I'll get him to talk yet.🙂

Joy was out walking and since we hadn't seen each other in a few weeks
we stopped for about 10 minutes and talked.

I passed the bank before the workers were there so took a
picture of the progress of the drive thru.


A car carrier was delivering cars to the dealership in town.


Another enjoyable morning walk.

☀️    🥾    🌼

Did house stuff in the morning.
Finally got the sheets washed, dried, and back on the bed.
Did another load too while it was sunny.

Work done in the morning and then I could enjoy
reading and knitting in the afternoon.

David and Liz stopped by for a little visit on their way 
home from work.

Thanks so much for stopping by.
Happy Wednesday🙂
👩🏻‍🦳happyone🌻


Comment Replies:

CallaCreek - No, that is not the church we go to.  Our church is in Mt Lake Park, 20 miles away.

GrannyM - I guess the houses are so close to the road in town because 120 years or so ago it was a dirt lane and that's just where the houses were built.  When it was paved years later the houses were already there.
This is the main street through town back those many years ago.


This picture I took today is about in the same spot as the old one.



17 comments:

ellen b. said...

We have noticed when we walk early early we get so much done by 10:30 in the morning. A great way to start the day for sure. Just have to keep from nodding off for too long at 3 in the afternoon. Glad you are getting some good walks in.

Tom said...

...it's an interesting comparison of the two pictures.

Hill Top Post said...

I also love the comparison of the two pictures. I know lots of progress has been made, but there's something I really like about the old one too. The bulls are getting so big; looks like these fine boys are ready to turn out with a herd somewhere.

Rose said...

I love, love, love that first photo...and love the old shot with your new one. There is just something about old photos.

I did sheets today, too, but did not hang them out. I miss doing that but don't do it because of all the allergies Roger has. There is nothing better than going to bed on sheets that have been hung outside in the sun.

William Kendall said...

The bulls seem like good company.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Interesting then and now pictures. Glad you had another good day.

Mari said...

It was very foggy here today, but then cleared up and was beautiful.
It always feels good to get an early start and get things done in the morning.
I love seeing those old pics of your town.

Ginny Hartzler said...

Looks like a pretty excting walk to me!

Hootin Anni said...

Those town comparisons by photo are super. Nostalgic for both actually. I'm wondering now what the very spot will be like 100 yrs. from now.
Like the morning sun views. And being greeted by Larry mo and curly (the bulls).

Victor S E Moubarak said...

The bulls seem happy enough.

God bless.

Ann said...

Love the comparison shots of then and now. What a difference. I think I can spot some buildings that might be in both pictures though

eileeninmd said...

Pretty sunrise and I always enjoy seeing the bulls.
I like the then and now photos of the town.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Kerin said...

Beautiful pictures, and it looks like a sweet little town :)
I really enjoyed seeing the picture from way back in the day.

Smiles :)
~K.

R's Rue said...

So beautiful.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

Galla Creek said...

Wow,t he street surely has changed

Granny Marigold said...

That's really great, finding the old picture and showing where the 'street' was. Makes sense. I enjoy old photos.

Debby said...

I always enjoy looking at the old photos vs what it looks like now.