Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, June 17, 2022

Working at Church

 Very windy this morning.
68 degrees with a mix of sun and clouds.

Had my usual walk around the cemeteries, ball park, and all around town.

Only John out walking his dog today.

The path behind the ball park is very green and a little over grown.


When I passed by the library I dropped another book down
the book drop.


I saw two of those MEGA HUGE blades for a wind turbine 
getting towed through town.
They are blocks long!!
They were going south and the north traffic had to be held up till
the blades reached the other side of town.
When I say traffic there were only 3 cars.
I wasn't on the main road so couldn't get a picture.

I saw a tiny little rabbit - he sure was a little guy.
He hopped away just as I was about to take his picture.

I stopped Farmer Marvin to tell him about the teeny horse in the 
the cemetery that escaped.  Actually he doesn't have anything
to do with the horses. Another family member owns them.
He told me sometimes they get out but never go anywhere and
not to worry about them.

Walked 6 miles

🌤    💨    🙂    🥾

Left right after breakfast for church again.
This time to get started on cutting those 20,000 Romans books.

We got more than 5300 done today working from 9:30 till 1:30 with a 
break in there for lunch.

I should say trimmed because each book is trimmed on three sides.
7 get trimmed at one time.

The books are packed 460 books to a box.


We didn't have any trouble with the cutter for which we are
very thankful.
Tomorrow we will go again and trim some more.

The young people at church were having a fund raiser selling
hoagies and pizza.  People had ordered the food and it was delivered
at the church today and people were stopping by to pick it up.
There was an extra white pizza so we bought and brought it
home for supper.

It has been very windy all day but nice and sunny.

I plan on reading this evening.
Will also make some weave-it squares for next months blanket.

Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Friday to you. 🤗
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Eileen - The fence needs no repair.  It is a fence with posts and wire and the horse is SO SMALL it can scrunch down and fit right under it. 🙂

18 comments:

William Kendall said...

The little rabbits will tend to be skittish.

Rose said...

Sounds like such a pleasant day...it was quiet around here. And AC still working. We are blessed.

Tom said...

...warm and windy here!

Nellie said...

Yum! White pizza! Sounds like you were in the right place at the right time!

Mari said...

I've seen those huge blades on the road. Amazing how big they are!
Hooray for a working cutter and white pizza!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. You and Ken had a busy day. It was interesting to see pictures of all of the books you cut up. I am glad the cutter worked well. Wow, those wind turbine blades are gigantic! We saw of a lot of big turbines like that in the Southern California desert. They are so huge. Hope you have a good weekend.

Granny Marigold said...

I haven't tried white pizza. I'm quite sure I prefer regular tomato sauce kind of pizza ( which is what we had for our supper today).
One day this week there were 3 very young rabbits in the park. They didn't see afraid of us and I only hope they had the sense to hide when dogs came by.
I hope you have a good weekend.

Ginny Hartzler said...

You are a hard worker. The pizza sounds good!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

The first photo is lovely. What a wonderful walk.

God bless.

Ann said...

Wow, you got a lot of those books done. How many of you were working on them?

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Pretty scene and photo. I have seen those turbine blades on trucks, they are very big. I am glad the horse is safe. The pizza sounds yummy.
Have a happy weekend!

Vee said...

I enjoyed seeing what the booklets look like with the Beacon of Hope boxes. That's a lot of books to get ready to ship. Will you and Ken be making the trip to ferry them on their way?

It is in the 60s today and windy. I'm thinking it will make for a great baseball game for Sam.

Have a blessed day!

Bill said...

We had a sunny day yesterday and today. Also went to the library to drop and pick up books. Have a wonderful day.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

So much wind here toooooo!!!!

You got a lot done, and even got dinner! Win.. Win...

✨ ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨

Hill Top Post said...

I have been trimming along the trails here as they are starting to get a bit overgrown. In places I mowed them. Great job on the Romans books. They look so nice.

Billy Blue Eyes said...

I've see wind turbines on the hills in Wales where I go, last year there was one now another 6 and it seems they do not produce power for some reason. Bit of a scam as far as I can see. You dedicated to help trim 20000 books, I don't think I could be

Lowcarb team member said...

It certainly sounds a good day.
You did well with the books.

All the best Jan

Debi said...

We have a windmill farm near us and it just fascinates me (I know... it doesn't take much!) It all looks surreal and yet peaceful. When they were first installed here people complained about the noise. I don't think they're noisy at all. And you are right, they are huge! Enjoy the rest of your weekend!