Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, February 22, 2022

Rainy Walk

On the way to town there was a skunk that just got
hit by a car and I just missed driving over it.
Not a pleasant smell.
 Was to town and walking at 6:30 and the temperature was 44 degrees.


Wasn't raining when I left but it was predicted so took along
my umbrella.  Left it in the Jeep and walked over to the
library and dropped a book down the book drop.

Continued to the cemetery on the hill.
Like the lighting with the sun shining on the hill.
That only lasted for a short time though.


I saw a rainbow and did take a picture but it didn't show up
so good in the picture.

By this time the rain started and I went back to the Jeep
and got my umbrella.  Never rained hard and there was no wind
so I stayed pretty much dry.

Walked around town, the ball park and ended my walk
around the lower cemetery.

Rebecca was out running this morning.

Walked 6 miles

☁️    🌨    🥾    😊

Tuesday came around quick and it was grocery shopping time once again.
Didn't need much so that went pretty quickly.

We went for a little ride this afternoon.

The rest of the day just had one of those puttering about the house days.
Nice to be in the house reading and making some weave-it squares.  
I have 30 squares done already for the next blanket.

Hope you all enjoyed your Tuesday. 🙂
Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

21 comments:

William Kendall said...

Quite a dramatic sky in that first shot.

Lowcarb team member said...

The sky in your first photograph is wonderful, and I agree with William 'dramatic'.

All the best Jan

Deb J. in Utah said...

Puttering days are the best. See you again tomorrow.

Galla Creek said...

I am envious of your long walks. I doubt I ever walk far again. My knees are shot. Only walked little over a mail today.

Galla Creek said...

Mile…sorry

ellen b. said...

We went for a little drive today, too. No rain here and it was in the 20's while we were out in the sunshine. Ugh...that skunk smell is strong. Glad you had a walk that kept you mostly dry!

Rose said...

I love your photos in this post, specially the second one. You are really speeding along on the next blanket.

Tom said...

..what a sky!!!

Mari said...

What a beautiful sky!
It was very foggy here all day long, and it rained off and on.
How long does it take you to walk your six miles every day?

Vee said...

It was a fine day, though the rain has just begun. I imagine there'll be a lot of snow melt. Alas, a foot of snow is on the way for Friday.

Hill Top Post said...

I would rather Millie and I didn’t encounter a skunk. A couple of years ago there was one on the hill that would chase me. I really like your very early morning pictures.

Martha said...

Beautiful photos and glad you didn't get soaked on your walk. It was a warm day for you compared to recent weather! Have a great evening Karen. :)

eileeninmd said...

Beautiful photos, I love the dramatic sky. Take care, enjoy your day!

Hootin Anni said...

The sky may look ferocious with the upcoming storm, but oh the beauty of it all!!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi KAREN- Looks like the Snow is almost gone. We've been having a lot of Rain and very cool days and cold nights this Summer - most unusual as it usually is about 35-40 Deg C. Best Wishes. KEV.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

So sad about the skunk.

God bless.

Bill said...

Beautiful sky!

Retired Knitter said...


Back when you first introduced me to weave-it weaving (over 10 years ago I am sure) I began a blanket made of ends of skeins. Just this past week I pulled that bag out of a closet and “re-discovered” pin weaving again. I had made enough squares to complete a good size blanket and some of them were already sewn together. I am working to finish that blanket now and plan to blog about it soon. I also have some of Hazel Rose pin looms (the pins are not in groups of 3) and I am working on a project using that loom as well.

It had been so long since I used that weave-it loom that I couldn’t remember exactly where to place the yarn and had to look it up. haha. After about 2 squares, it was back - like riding a bike. I think of you when I use the weave-it loom.

Inger said...

I like the trees to the side of your beautiful sky photo.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The light on the hill is so pretty. Sometimes its those short moments that catch our attention and are so lovely.

Kim said...

Awesome shot of the sky! Sounds like a good, and interesting day.