Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, February 23, 2022

A warm start

 When I walked this morning it was a warm 51 degrees,
cloudy and very windy.
The kind of wind that pushes you along when walking or
 makes you take a step backward when a gust comes up behind.
Don't know why but it always makes me laugh.


 Had my usual walk all around town, both cemeteries and the ball park.

Saw a few people out walking on this warm windy day.
A new woman who I've not seen before.
The woman who walks her dog around the town pond.
Margaret 
I've mention the nice young woman who is a bit slow and walks with
her mom or dad once in a while.  She was walking with her dad this
morning and we stopped to talk.  Learned that her name is Anna and her
dad is Mark.  Nice to finally know their names.

Saw another skunk, have seen a lot of skunks lately,
a couple rabbits and a few cardinals.

Walked 6 miles

☁️    💨    🥾    😊

Got my housework out of the way for the day and
then worked on the latest puzzle.



We had some fog today but then that gave way to 
some sunshine though the wind stayed with us.
By supper time it was back to being cloudy 
and the temperature was 30 degrees.

Easy supper today.
Frozen pizza that we made last week.

A happy Wednesday to you. 🙂
Thanks for stopping by.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Mari - It takes me 1 hour 40 minutes to walk my 6 miles.  I like going first thing in the morning.  Ken sleeps later than I do so it works out great for us.   

24 comments:

Tom said...

...your sky shot is fabulous! We had similar weather here today, colder temps are on the way!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Wow, you can walk far, I am impressed! I love your photo, and the opposites of the fluffy dark clouds and straight line of the jet trail. We have skunks around.

The Furry Gnome said...

How do you rate 51 degrees?!

Granny Marigold said...

I wonder if the skunks are coming out now to look for a mate. Apparently their young are born in May but I don't know how long a skunk pregnancy lasts.

William Kendall said...

A gorgeous sky.

Rose said...

Your start to the day was pleasant one! I love that sky shot, too. We had snow flurries this day, and it is cold.

Galla Creek said...

We had sleet, snow and thunder. I’m getting my puzzle out, too.

Martha said...

We must have a similar sense of humor because the wind pushing me around always makes me laugh too. Love the new puzzle, can't wait to see it finished up. Have a great evening!

Hootin Anni said...

When I walked the oso bay wetlands trails today, it was 71° and I in shorts & t shirt. By the time I was done and back to the parking area, it was 58° and windy. Goosebumps when I got in the car and turned the heater on. Misty at times.

Home made pizza is always good!!!

Mari said...

Thanks for the answer to the walking question. That's quite a walk and good for you for doing it so faithfully.
51 sounds so good!
Glad you met some new friends today!

Vee said...

I bet watching people walk in that kind of wind is humorous, too. It sure is windy here tonight. The house is making lots of noises and I may have to wear ear plugs to sleep tonight.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. It was windy here today and very cold. I exercised in the basement. Too cold for me. I love the puzzle you are doing. I started a new puzzle this week too, and am making a little progress on it. I just finished the second Harmony book tonight - Just Shy of Harmony. I liked it, but not as much as the first one. I am sure I will read more of this series. See you again tomorrow!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi KAREN- Rain here today though warm temperature. I will obtain my Tropical Fish tomorrow for my Aquarium- all going well here. Cheers. KEV.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Love the sky photo. We had some nice weather yesterday, almost 70°.
But, winter is still here. Freezing rain, sleet and snow for tonight and tomorrow. Take care, enjoy your day!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Was the skunk you saw OK?

God bless.

Kerin said...

You had such a nice day for walking, and I love your thoughts on the winds and how they make you laugh :)

We've had quite a few skunks around here as well.

Smiles :)
~K.

Bill said...

A nice morning sky.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

We had the wind too. Nice today, but snow storm coming in tonight and tomorrow.

Wonder if you will get this too?

Nice weather and more people were out!!!!

🌸

LC said...

Impressive mileage and enjoyed your posts. I'll be back for another visit.

Aritha V. said...

That sky. So beautiful! It is good to know people's names.

Ruth Hiebert said...

As you describe the wind, I'm envisioning you like Mary Poppins, with her umbrella.

Kim said...

Wild swing of temps! Nice that you got to meet some new walkers. Puzzle is looking good!

Lowcarb team member said...

That new puzzle looks a good one.

All the best Jan

ellen b. said...

Wow! 50 degrees...nice. That's great to learn the names of the folks you see. I like that puzzle. I finished our latest yesterday.