Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, February 21, 2022

Monday

Drove to town and when I started walking it was 33 degrees.
There was no wind and sunrise was at 7:00. 
No clouds in the sky so it was a beautiful sunny morning.


Walked all over town, both cemeteries and the ball park loop.

Stopped at the library and dropped off two books down the book slot.

 I watched Farmer Marvin and Austin putting hay out for the bulls.


 

Didn't see anyone else out walking.
By the time I got back to the Jeep to head home the temperature
had jumped up to 48 degrees.

Walked 6 miles

☀️    🥾    😃

I wash the sheets on Mondays.


So nice outside that I got to hang the sheets outside on the line to dry.


🧺    🧺    🧺

Got a good start on the house cleaning for the week.

Haven't see the deer out back for a while but today we
had 6 of them wander around out back.
They ate and then took a nap up against the fence I made.
We spent a good amount of time watching them.

Started another puzzle.
This one called 
Home Cooking
and we've done it before.

Like most days I read for a while this afternoon.

That's all I have for today.
Thanks so much for stopping by for a visit.
A happy Monday to you. 😊
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

22 comments:

Tom said...

...you have lost your snow!

Kim said...

Glad you had a deer sighting today. Deer always give me a thrill when I see them in our neighborhood.

Rose said...

I love those yellow sheets....I need to look for some. It was such a nice day, today. In the 50's here. I really like that first shot at Farmer Marvin's...

ellen b. said...

Your sheets are nice and colorful! Wow 48...balmy. :) We are dipping in our temps for the next several days. Glad you could walk in town again.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

LOVE your bright bedding!!!!!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You have such a pretty laundry room and there's nothing fresher than clothes dried on the clothesline! Enjoy your evening!

Vee said...

What colorful sheets! They look so nice blowing in the breeze. That sky is so clear blue. Beautiful.

Lisa said...

It’s warming up here some too. Our temps were in the 60’s today but cloudy. I love the smell of fresh clean sheets.

Lisa

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. It was a cold and cloudy day here with some snow off and on. I love your colorful sheets. I got our three bathrooms cleaned today. We wash sheets on Tuesday. I love your cute laundry room. See you again tomorrow! :-)

Martha said...

So glad it's warming up a bit there, even nice eno9ugh to put the sheets on the line - that's surely a sign of spring! :)

Mari said...

So nice to have good weather and hang sheets outside. That's the best!

Hootin Anni said...

Such a beautiful tree against the winter sky!! Seeing the bulls being fed, I'm sure I'd have to stop and linger a while. A sunny day for hanging bedding outdoors to dry.
No photos of the deer?!!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

You're always so busy. Where do you find the time to be so busy?

God bless.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Hi KAREN- Rainy days here and very cool - an unusual Summer alright- I'm dressed for Winter this evening. Might purchase a small Aquarium tomorrow. Best Wishes. KEV.

Jeanette said...

Line dried sheet smell so good! Your's are nice and colorful!

Inger said...

How lovely to get a deer visit. Your morning walks are an inspiration for me who must walk for my breathing.

Bill said...

Nice and colourful sheets hanging on the line, they look arty. :)

Granny Marigold said...

I'm watching the little birds scratching for birdseed that we put out. It's not as interesting ass watching deer though. It's so cold and windy today that we skipped our walk. Already yesterday the wind was so strong that it made walking against the wind difficult.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Nice walk! It is great the weather permitted hanging your sheets outside.
I always love seeing the deer, they are so cute.
Take care, enjoy your day!

R's Rue said...

Beautiful.

William Kendall said...

Obviously the deer feel at home.

Lowcarb team member said...

What a wonderful blue sky.

All the best Jan