Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, February 09, 2022

Pot holders


A nice warm 32 degrees this morning and sunny too.
Walked all over town and around the cemetery up the hill.
More and more sidewalks are good to walk on each day.

I was down by the bulls when Farmer Marvin stopped
 in his pickup and we had a nice chat.
He wondered where I'd been and asked if all was okay with us.
Told him we were fine and dandy.
All fine with him too.
He told me the bulls are mostly all sold now but will stay
at the farm until spring.

Builders were working on the house, someone was walking
around at the car dealer looking at the new Jeeps that
have just arrived, and someone else walking their dog.
Nice to see some activity around town.

I walked around the parking lot again where I found all the coins yesterday. 
 Missed some yesterday because
I found 4 more pennies today.

Walked 6 miles

๐ŸŒค    ๐Ÿ’ฐ    ๐Ÿ™‚    ๐Ÿฅพ

We went to the dump this morning to get rid of our trash.
Also stopped at the library again.
Dropped off books and picked up another.

Got my dusting done and vacuumed too.

Finished the puzzle. ๐Ÿงฉ
This is the first time we've done this one and it has become
one of my favorites.


Yesterday when we were at the Dollar General
I found 4 pot holders for my collection.
I hang them up in the kitchen at the top of the wall by the ceiling.
The gnome made me think of you Anni. ๐Ÿ™‚


Also had some time to read and knit.

Thanks for stopping by for a visit.
A happy Wednesday to you. ๐Ÿ˜Š
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณ happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
John - Thanks much for the kind words.  Don't remember the exact amount of coins I've found at one time but it was over $2.  I've found a few dollar bills, a $2 bill once and a $20 but the most I've ever found was when I found Carlos's wallet.  You can read about that on this POST back in October last year.

21 comments:

Rose said...

I like those potholders...and the puzzle is a nice one.

Hootin Anni said...

Great puzzle. I can see why it has become a favorite!! Very Americana AND generational.

Oh yes, the gnome...cute!! Have you ever shown your potholder collection? Inquiring minds wanna know.

Tom said...

...your sure lost a lot of snow! Nice sayings on the pot holders.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Sweet potholders but...

I'm just not in a sweet mood...

Due to my last post...

❓❓❓❓❓❓

Vee said...

I can see why that puzzle has become a favorite. How good to have a chat with a friend after so long. Nice to find more money, too.

Debby said...

I have a weakness for potholders and those are so cute. I enjoy shopping at Dollar General too. Reminds me of the old five and dime-stores back when I was a child.

Martha said...

Of course I had to giggle at the "warm 32 degrees" since the very coldest weather we ever get is somewhere around there, and that's rare! I think we all want to see how you have your potholder collection displayed!

William Kendall said...

Bravo on the puzzle.

Connie said...

That puzzle looks like fun; I really like the picture on it. You're the first person that I've ever heard of that collects pot holders . . . great idea!
Have a sweet week,
Connie :)

Mari said...

The gnome is perfect for Anni!
I love that puzzle - it's so pretty!
I have a coaster at work where I set my water cup that says "Today is a good day, for a good day" so I like that potholder.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Those are such cute pot holders. I like the puzzle too. I need to get my cleaning done for this week, but I am running behind due to parent-teacher conferences. It will all get done tomorrow night. See you again tomorrow. :-)

Granny Marigold said...

Nice potholders. I need to go to the dollar store and get peat pots for early sowing and while I'm there I will see if there are any new ones out for Spring.
That's a very nice puzzle and again you did it in no time at all.

Lisa said...

Cute pot holders. Im a sucker for printed kitchen towels. Sometimes they have matching pot holders.
Lisa

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Are those posts there for you to place gloves on them?

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,
Pretty landscape scene and I like the puzzle picture.
Your potholders are cute, they have some nice quotes.
Take care, enjoy your day!

Sandi said...

Looks like a good day!

Bill said...

I likw your new pot holders and the words.

Sue said...

Lovely pot holders, I am in need of some new ones, DG will soon see me! Very seldom do I find coins while I walk, but when I do I am happy, and I think of you!
Your puzzle is delightful, brings fond memories of past times!
Have a blessed day,
Sue

Kim said...

Cute pot holders and puzzle. Despite your warmer temps, that top picture made me feel cold to look at. Can just picture a bitter wind whipping down the lane.

Ruth Hiebert said...

The puzzles looks very pretty and I really like those potholders.

ellen b. said...

Time to walk, shop, stop at the library, and work on a puzzle sounds like a great day to me!