Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, February 10, 2022

Thursday


 31 degrees this morning.
Windy with a mix of sun and clouds.
A bit of rain over night that turned to ice as it hit the ground
but clear by morning.

A very thin coating of ice in some spots so had to be
careful walking.
I brought my traction cleats but there wasn't enough ice around
so they stayed in the car.

The main street through town was a good place to walk with
all the gravel thrown up on the sidewalks from the snow plows.



Walking to the lower cemetery here. A bit icy as you can see


and here I'm walking around the cemetery loop.


Also walked a few times around the cemetery up on the hill
and stopped to see the bulls like I do most days.

Didn't see anyone else out today.

Walked 6 miles

🌤    😊    🥾

Got the house chores done for the day and then finished
reading one of the books I was reading, 
White Oleander by Janet Fitch.
It was an Oprah book club book some years back.
It was good but very depressing.
After finishing that I started reading the next Harmony book. 😀

Some of you wanted to see my pot holder collection and where
I put them so here they are.
There are 17 so far.




Sat in the sun by the back glass doors and knitted
watching the puffy white clouds zoom past in the bright blue sky.

And that's it for today.
Thanks for popping in.
A happy Thursday to you. 😊
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

20 comments:

William Kendall said...

Pretty morning skies.

Tom said...

...WOW, houses sure were built close to the road!

Granny Marigold said...

I like seeing all your pretty pot holders.

Rose said...

I love the rooster potholders...I actually like them all. I love those blue and white plates, too.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I love your pot holder collection. That is such a cute and creative way to display them. Glad you were able to walk outside again today. I think I am going to start the second Harmony book soon. Glad you had a good day. See you again on Friday!

Mari said...

We had the same weather this morning. Made for a bit of a slippery drive in to work.
I love your photos of your walk today - so pretty!
And your potholder display is perfect!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Snow,wind and rain here as well.Oh the joys of the changing seasons.

Sandi said...

Beautiful sun through the trees!

ellen b. said...

I like your potholder wall and the plates, too. Fun.
Glad you could walk without your cleats today!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

It still looks very cold out there.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Pretty sky images. I like your pot holder collection.
Have a happy day and a great weekend.

Hootin Anni said...

First if all love the walk with you. Pretty, peaceful, morning! Secondly, ornate way of displaying your collection...and love the wall color with white trim!!

Phoebes World said...

Lovely pics... but you can feel the cold!
And Im loving the pot holders... what a cute idea! x

Ruta M. said...

Love your blue and white colour scheme. I used the same blue on the ceiling of the 'babies' room 36 years ago with white walls and a sponged frieze of ducks below it and now the top half of the walls in the 'blue loo' are the same blue. I'm even considering using it in the bathroom when we do it up.

Bill said...

Very nice pot holder collection. They look nice hanging up on the wall.

Henny Penny said...

It sure looks cold there. Your potholders are so pretty. Never thought of displaying them like that. I'm always needing to buy a new one to use.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Lovely kitchen decoration....

I'd still love to see your whole home.........

😊Blogs are little 1st Amendment machines😊

Debby said...

That is such a cute and inexpensive way to decorate a kitchen. Love it.

Lowcarb team member said...

I do like your pot holder collection :)

All the best Jan

Debi said...

Love your potholder collection!