Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Wednesday, July 07, 2021

Wind Chimes


When I left on my walk this morning it was 66 degrees.  A little fog around here and there and no wind.  The sun popped out not long after and most of my walk was in sunshine.

Walked around both cemeteries, the ball park, and then around town.

Saw all those rabbits around again and surprising no deer at all.  Not even driving to town or home again!

Saw Joy out walking as well as another woman who I see once in awhile.  She usually turns away when she sees me coming and never says hi though I always say good morning.  Well today she walked passed and when I said good morning she said,
it sure is a nice morning! ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Queen Anne's Lace has started popping up all over the place.
Probably most of you already know that it is wild carrots.


Another beautiful morning for walking.
Walked 6.2 miles

    ☀️    ๐Ÿšถ‍♀️    ๐ŸŒผ

I like wind chimes and mine have been broken for a while.
The string and some of the wood have rotted away and the metal
pipes were all that were left.
Ken said he'd fix it for me but after he worked on it a while 
said let's just go out and buy new ones.
So today we went to a favorite store of mine
Whispering Pines in Spring, Pa where I remember seeing wind chimes.
Had a nice look around the store but they only had a few
chimes and not what I wanted.
Besides they were around $200 and more.
When we got back home Ken worked some more on my old ones
and now they are hanging out front in a tree.
Lots better than spending $200!!!

Did my house chores and then worked on the baby blanket for July.
 Read out on the porch for a while too.

Well, that's all I have for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
Happy Wednesday to you.
๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿป‍๐Ÿฆณ happyone ❤️
๐Ÿ™‚

Comment Replies:
Martha - No, I've never seen the movie Children of the Corn.

21 comments:

Hill Top Post said...

My favorite wildflowers are Queen Anne’s lace and brown-eyed Susans, both of which are in full bloom now. I think it’s time for a wild bouquet on the kitchen table.

Hootin Anni said...

Gorgeous close up photos of the flowers. Yikes!! $200?!?!! For wind chimes? Made out of gold?!!๐Ÿ˜„

Lowcarb team member said...

Pleased that Ken was able to fix your wind chimes ...

All the best Jan

Kim said...

Hurray for Ken! Those husbands sure do save us money! And yay that you got a response from the quiet lady! Red letter day, I'd say!

Love the Queen Anne's Lace. Never ever tire of those pretty flowers.

Happy Wednesday to you!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Beautiful scenes. I like the Queen Anne's Lace.

Tom said...

...a beautiful foggy start to year day. Queen Anne's Lace is a special wildflower. I remember as a kid putting food coloring in water to dye them.

Martha said...

Glad the lady that usually avoid you or doesn't answer gave you a little comment today. I wonder what her deal is. Kind of weird, especially in a small town. I guess some people are just odd. The Queen Anne's Lace is so pretty, great shots! Glad Ken was able to fix up your wind chimes, the other ones were outrageously expensive!

PS - Don't ever watch the Children of the Corn movie, especially since you walk through corn fields. It's an old, but really scary movie!

Kim said...

MATINA up there is a spammer. She just hit my blog a bunch of times under the name of Florence.

ellen b. said...

Ha! Nothing like a $200 price tag to inspire another look at what could be done with the old one! Glad it's up and chiming again for you!

William Kendall said...

Lovely photos.

susan q said...

Handyman Ken to the rescue! Black eyed susans and Queen Anne's lace a fav of mine as well. Missed the July blanket colors but can be surprised when it's finished. Like the misty pic, too.

Deb J. in Utah said...

I like wind chimes too, Karen. So glad Ken could fix yours. $200 for wind chimes is super expensive. So glad Joy finally decided to say something. Maybe she is a little shy, and finally realized how nice your are. :-) See you again tomorrow.

Unknown said...

Glad Ken was able to fix your wind chimes. Two hundred dollars is a bit much. If they break again you can buy some online and I'm sure they won't be two hundred dollars. That store was trying to rip off it's customers. Not nice and no sale!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

"Not even driving to town or home again!" What kind of cars do they drive?

Keep smiling and God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I like the view of the fog and pond, the Queen Anne's Lace is pretty.
$200 for wind chimes is pricey. I am glad Ken could fix your old wind chimes.
Have a great day!

R's Rue said...

I love the flowers and a good wind chime. Have a beautiful day.

Jeanette said...

OK so I did not know that Queen Ann's Lace was wild carrots! I reworked some wind chimes a few years ago! It took me forever. It's a lot more complicated than it looks!

KEV. Robertson. said...

$200 for a set of Wind Chimes?...must be gold plated! Wind Chimes are easily made with some thin metal tubing, fishing line, some perspex sheet and a small block of wood...cannot see $200 bucks there. Glad Ken fixed the old Chimes for you Karen- he is a handy chap for sure. Best Wishes. KEV.

Happy@Home said...

Hooray for Ken for fixing your wind chimes. I know some of them are really pricey. I know they have the best sound quality, but that is an awful lot for wind chimes in my opinion.
I always enjoy seeing Queen Anne's Lace.

Bill said...

Nice photos! I never knew chimes could be so expensive.

Granny Marigold said...

I am very fond of wind chimes too. Great that Ken could fix yours!!