Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, July 08, 2021

Relaxing under the tree

 

Periods of a very light drizzly rain when I walked this morning.  It was 66 degrees and calm.  The drizzle was actually pretty nice as it kept me nice and cool.

Walked the Farm Loop.  This was a good day for that because it is pretty much out in the open and  hot when the sun is shining.


Doesn't he look relaxed there under the trees all by himself.


Instead of turn left and going back to town I turned right
and walked up this way for a bit.
Then turned around and walked back to town.


Didn't see any one else out along the route but once back to town
I saw Joy out walking again.

Walked 6 miles

☁️    🌧    🚢‍♀️    🌸

House chores done this morning.

It's been a drizzly rain on and off day with a couple of heavy
downpours till just after supper, now it is sunny.

Afternoon I spent knitting and reading.
Seemed a good day for that with all the rain.

Thanks for stopping by.
Hope your day was a happy one.
πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳 happyone ❤️


Comment Replies:
Martha - Now I want to see Children of the Corn! πŸ˜€ 🌽

Deb - Joy and I have been chatting since I've seen her walking.  It was the other woman who I see once in a while who never talks and walks the other way.  Yesterday was the first time she said anything.

16 comments:

Lowcarb team member said...

With a lot of rain and drizzle falling an afternoon spent knitting and reading sounds ideal :)

All the best Jan

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen, I love rainy and drizzly days. They can be so cozy - good days for reading. Glad everything went well. See you again tomorrow.

ellen b. said...

That sounds like a great temp for walking. Today was lawn mowing day but it was mostly weeds that got mowed. Hope your evening is relaxing.

Tom said...

...on a hot summer day, shade sure is welcomed.

Kim said...

Praise God for that cool, drizzly morning! I've heard that cows lie down when it's going to rain. Guess that bull was predicting the weather. Such an adorable barometer. And such a pretty view. Lovely countryside. Take care!

William Kendall said...

Time in the shade is a good thing.

Martha said...

Looks like another lovely walk today, and knitting and reading were perfect activities for a rainy afternoon.

You definitely do not want to see Children of the Corn lol!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Time to relax under a tree.

God bless.

Hootin Anni said...

I saw Children of the Corn years ago. It was okay, but it's Stephen King!! I don't care for his style.

Pretty walk. Wish I could say "drizzle" for our area ... More downpours & severe (in many areas) flooding

eileeninmd said...

Pretty scenes from your walk. It is nice to have cool weather for walking.
I love the bull in the shade. Take care, have a happy day and a great weekend!

KEV. Robertson. said...

Nice photos to-day Karen. We are in complete Lock Down here due to the Covid-Delta virus here is Sydney and Greater Sydney area...no leaving the house unless absolutely necessary- no visitors etc...hoping that the people affected by the virus do recover well and will be OK. Best Wishes. KEV.

Bill said...

That's a smart bull resting under the tree.

Ruth Hiebert said...

I really like the picture of the fence line with the flowers.

Jeanette said...

The picture of the bull under the tree kind of reminds me of a children's book about a bull that only wanted to sit peacefully in a field and smell flowers and and not participate in bull fighting ring! I think it was called Ferdinand or something like that! Nice pictures!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Love to see that critter, under the tree!!!!!!!

πŸŒ±πŸŒΌπŸŒΏπŸŒ»πŸƒπŸŒΌπŸŒ±

Granny Marigold said...

I remember the book Jeanette refers to in her comment. My boys loved that book and I'm sure I must have read it dozens of times. You had another lovely walk in spite of the weather.