Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, July 06, 2021

Summer Day

 68 degrees this morning - mix of sun and clouds.
Sunrise - 5:56
Sunset - 8:47

Walked all around town, the cemeteries, and the ball park.

More than the usual traffic driving through town.
Saw lots of trucks with boats on trailers and RV's driving back home 
after the holiday weekend.
Deep Creek Lake is about 10 miles down the road.

The 4 bulls were standing around watching me walk down
to see them.  Only been these 4 for a while now.


The corn is coming along nicely.


Won't be long before I'll be walking down the road here with
corn as tall as me on either side of the road.



Came across this huge mushroom or fungus.


Rebecca was out walking as well as Joy
and another man walking a dog who I've never seen before.

Walked 6 miles

⛅️    🚶‍♀️    🌤

We did our usual Tuesday morning grocery shopping at the Shop and Save.
Stopped at the hardware store in town on the way home too.

Got things put away and then did a few chores around the house.

Started reading a book the other day and it started out pretty good.
Today I deleted it off my kindle returned the book.
It was getting pretty racy!!!! and not something I wanted to read!!!

So today started reading another Thomas Pitt and Charlotte book.
Love this series.

It's been a beautiful sunny summer day with a nice breeze.
So nice sitting on the porch and even inside
to feel the breezes blowing through the house.

That's all I have for today.
A happy Tuesday to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Martha - I started saving the coins I find on my walk in 1996.

16 comments:

Hootin Anni said...

Love the 4 bulls 🐮 today. (I don't like those books either)

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen,
I'm with you. I don't enjoy books that start out good and suddenly get too "racey." That huge mushroom is great. Looks like the bulls were there just posing to have their picture taken.
Glad you had another good day. See you again soon. :-)

Tom said...

,,,corn is as high as an elephant's eye here! That mushroom looks like a soccer ball.

Michelle said...

Funny to see those bulls looking at you!

Lowcarb team member said...

Isn't it amazing how the bulls are looking at you!

That is a large mushroom!

All the best Jan

Kim said...

Such handsome bulls! Interesting that people were coming back today. I would've thought they'd do it yesterday. Back to a quieter walk tomorrow, hopefully! Take care!

Martha said...

I always love how the bulls seem to be so interested when you stop by, and I'd get nervous when surrounded by the corn fields once the grow tall - did you ever see that old movie Children of the Corn? I don't even remember the movie now, but I remember it scared me and I didn't want to be anywhere near cornfields lol! So glad you had another good day! :)

Ruth Hiebert said...

When the corn gets high enough, it will be like your own personal maze.

William Kendall said...

That is quite a mushroom.

ellen b. said...

Ha! Those bulls really look interested in you. The corn looks great. Sounds like a nice summer day.

Unknown said...

Love the pictures of the bulls. The one to the left and the one in the back are eyeing you very suspiciously. LOL!

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Those bulls look happy. I love corn.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Love the shot of the bulls looking at you!
The mushroom looks huge.
Take care, have a happy day and week ahead.

R's Rue said...

I’m so ready for fresh corn. So cute seeing the bulls looking at you.
www.rsrue.blogspot.com

KEV. Robertson. said...

My-my..the Corn is growing fast- great photos to-day Karen. Yes, not a bad thing to put away a book that doesn't interest you- I've bought some books in the past and after a brief review I considered them not worthy to read completely and traded them in on something better. Have a great day. KEV.

Bill said...

The bulls got their eyes on you. :)