Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, July 09, 2021

Changeable weather

67 degrees this morning when I left on my walk and it was a bit breezy.  Started out just cloudy and then there were a few of those drizzly showers.  Don't mind the rain because it keeps me cool.  The showers soon ended and back to just cloudy. Then the last mile it rained harder and I did get wet but it stopped and I started drying out by the time I got back to the car.  The weather just couldn't decide what to do.


Walked straight through town skipping both of the cemeteries.  Went past our old house in town and walked on the street up that way.

Then made my way over to the industrial park and walked around there. Pretty little yellow flowers lined one of the roads but don't know what they are.  Here's a close up of them.


Walked out of town and down the main road a while before turning
around and heading back to town.


The Rolling Pin Bakery/Deli is still doing a great business
at their new location as you see by the full parking lot.


Didn't see anyone else out walking but I wasn't in all the usual
places that I see them.

Walked 6 miles

☁️    🌧    🚶‍♀️    🌸

Got the every day house chores out of the way after a
chocolate chip pancake breakfast.

Then worked on the kitchen.
Counters and back splash got a good cleaning as well as the stove.
Wiped down all the cabinets too.

Put my knitting of the blanket aside and started knitting another project.
Saw a pattern of a hat on the paper around the yarn.
I'm still looking for a hat pattern I like and this just may be it.
Knitting it with Caron Simply Soft Yarn and the color is called Berry Blue.
It is an easy pattern and I'll be able to watch a DVD while knitting.

Very changeable weather all day.
Inside when it rained and outside when the sun was out.

That's been my Friday.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️
🙂

11 comments:

Tom said...

...changeable is the story here too, but I'm glad to have some rain. I wish that I could tell you the name of the yellow flower, but i can't!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen - no changeable weather here - just hot and dry. Glad you found something you can knit while watching a movie. I will look forward to a picture of the finished product. That is a really cute little yellow flower. Hope your weekend is good. See you soon.

Nellie said...

We thought most of the morning that the skies would soon open and down would come the rain! Didn’t happen, and we could really use some rain here. I am always impressed by your knitting projects!

Kim said...

Sounds like changeable weather is the thing right now. We got a nice variety ourselves today. Your walk in the rain sounds lovely. Glad The Rolling Pin is keeping steady business.

I love having a project I can mindlessly work on while watching a show. Or a section of a project. Had a section of white stitches on my cross stitch project to work on after supper that didn't require me to have to look at the pattern a dozen times. Joy!

Those flowers are pretty. Not sure I've ever seen them before.

Have a blessed evening!

Martha said...

You sure did change things up today but sounds like a great walk and a great day overall. I'm so glad to hear The Rolling Pin Bakery/Deli is doing well. So many places go belly up if they move or expand. Maybe it's different in a small town though. Have a fantastic weekend Karen. :)

Hootin Anni said...

A blue hat sounds great a perfect color!! I bet walking near the bakery smells good.

The yellow flower ... Maybe a Bird's Foot?

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Walking in the rain ... singing in the rain ... wonderful feeling ...

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

The cooler weather is welcome after having a few hot and humid days.
It is nicer walking weather. Have your tried the new bakery/deli yet?
Pretty scenes and flowers. Have a happy weekend!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Love it that that business is doing great! I think people are so glad to be out again, that all business will do great this summer. -smile-

Just wish all the not-elderly, would refuse to be forced back inside, come fall, when The Powers That Be start to tell us, to lock down again. Because of something or other.

Finally have a lovely sunny day today! After soooooo much cloudy and rainy and humid weather. Finally!!!!!! Wheeeeee.....

"You can't stay in your corner of the forest
waiting for others to come to you.
You have to go to them sometimes."

~A. A. Milne
✨ ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨ ✨

Bill said...

We were out all day and it didn't rain until we got home. I usualy carry a light jacket in my backpack and when I do it doesn't rain and if I don't, it rains, go figure. :)

William Kendall said...

Weather here is doing much the same.