Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Friday, February 19, 2021

Growing snow pile

 Didn't even try walking outside today.  Just too much ice around.
Though the ice grippers are good, with snow being on top of ice
it is still pretty slippery and you have to watch every step you take.
Sure am looking forward to the day I can drive to town and have
a normal walk!
In the meantime here's another train picture.

Had to go out and do a few errands today.
Dump
Library
Pharmacy
Track Auto

When we got back home I had Ken take a picture of me standing next
to the snow pile at the edge of the driveway that keeps
getting bigger and bigger.

Cleaned the bathrooms - sure glad we only have 1 1/2 baths!! πŸ™‚

Read this afternoon and will probably finish reading
A Storm of Swards later this evening.
Also knitted.

Ken made supper for us today.
This morning he put all the ingredients into the slow cooker to make beef stew.
Perfect for a cold, snowy, foggy day.

That's all for today.
Hope your Friday was a good one.
πŸ‘©πŸ»‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Beside - Replying to comments at the end of my post works best for me. 
Yes, the Ott light is long and narrow and I've had it for years and years.
The cows are getting out because the cow grate is covered in snow and ice and they can just walk out.  Sometimes the young ones will jump right over it.  Farmer Eugene knows and is always sorry they get out and is more than happy to come and get them, but we told him not to worry about it.  They eventually will go home on their own and we like when they come to visit.  We are right next to the farm on a dead end road in the woods so it isn't a problem.

21 comments:

Tom said...

...thanks again for the picture of Ken's train layout. Does he make all the small details or are there sources available? They sure make a difference. I would think that a 3D printer could make these items. Take care and stay safe with the ice.

The Furry Gnome said...

I love the attention Ken pays to all the details in his train layout.

Rose said...

I bet a person could stand for hours and not really see all the fine details of the train layout.

That is a big snow pile...

ellen b. said...

Love seeing the photo of you in front of your pile of snow. Glad you can still get out in your vehicle and run errands!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen. That is a big pile of snow. Good for you for walking inside the house. I know you like to walk outside, but the risk of falling on ice is just too great. Even my 24-year-old son, Josh, slipped and fell on ice the other morning when he was on his way to work. He hurt his knee, but was OK. I probably would have broke something. Part of the fun of getting older. ;-) See you again soon. Have a good weekend.

Michelle said...

I haven't been out to walk either. Too much ice, so I have been getting some exercise inside. It's just not the same, though. Thanks for linking up and I enjoy seeing the train phhhhotos.

Vee said...

That is the cleanest snowbank I've ever seen. ❄️

Hill Top Post said...

That's a great picture of you! It may take awhile for that pile of snow to all melt away. I like the engine in today's train shot.

Unknown said...

Beef stew sounds wonderful. Anytime in winter but especially when it's snowy. I think those cows just like a change of scenery every now and then so that's why they wander over to your property.

Hootin Anni said...

Wow...the train scene is so realistic! Hope the snowbank melts gradually without too much muddy mess. (I made beef stew too.)

Aritha said...

lover the photo with you in the focus.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Love the photo of you and the snow pile. We have had a lot of snow/sleet and freezing rain.
The train layout is cool, Ken is talented. Take care, have a happy weekend.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

No snow in the railway yard.

God bless.

Bill said...

Looks like a nice day at the railway yard, no one has any winter gear on. Beef stew sounds good for a chilly winter day. Enjoy!

Melanie said...

That's a lot of snow!! I don't blame you for staying clear of the ice. I'm always fascinated with Ken's railroad. Does it take up a whole room? Stay warm and safe!

Happy@Home said...

Yikes! That is a lot of snow. So nice to see you in the photo, Karen. Love the colors in your scarf. I would ask if you made it, but I already know the answer to that :).

Beef stew sounds perfect for the weather you are having.

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Ahhhhh, the cows are not getting out, on to a busy road!!! That makes all the difference in the world.

Crock pot meals rock!!!!!

I-Love-Your-Hair!!!!!!!!!! It is long, not short like in your Icon. You have thick hair, and it is perfect. I love bangs and a bit longer. Would have this, if I had the hair for it. Mine is thin, and so, I do not. -pout-

Perhaps you will consider a new Icon pic? Showing that grrrrrreat hair style.

πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’ πŸ’

Retired Knitter said...

I am sure that pile of snow will get bigger!!

William Kendall said...

That is quite a snow pile.

Terra said...

That is a great train layout, I can see, and I like the realistic details. I grew up with a train set in our basement and my dad made the buildings very carefully out of balsa wood, and a tunnel for the trains to go through, etc.

Kerri Farley said...

Great pic of you next to the snow! Your hair is so lovely!