Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Saturday, February 20, 2021

Faith, the horse

Don't think any of you will be surprised when I say we are having
another day of snow.
Back down to the basement for walking.

This is our deck out back.


  It was 5 degrees and windy so didn't walk outside at all today.

Had an nice day inside puttering about in our nice warm house 
doing the usual stuff.
Only did the basic house chores!

I was looking back at posts when we didn't have any snow
and came across this picture of Faith who lives along the Farm Loop
at Farmer Bill's place.
This just might be my favorite picture I've ever taken!!

That's all I have for today.

Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you.
 👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Tom - For the most part Ken makes the details.  Some of the signs come on sheets and others he scans and prints them. The junk piles he often uses left over pieces from other scenes.   

Melanie - Ken's train layout takes up the basement.  He made it in the middle so I can walk around it. This post will show you the size of the layout and how I walk around it.

Beside - My hair is actually quite thin but it has a lot of body so appears thicker than it is. No plans to change my icon. Usually hate pictures of myself and the icon is one that is not that bad so I'm keeping it. 🙂

18 comments:

Tom said...

...we weren't as cold as you, but it just keeps on snowing. I went out to feed the birds and knock down icicles and the snow was about a foot over the top up muy Muck Boots. When it is time I will be welcoming spring. Take care.

Rose said...

Aren't you just so thankful for a nice warm home...I go through spells of every night thanking God that I have warmth. Heat with the touch of a switch/thermostat. We are rich beyond measure.

Looks like you have more snow than us...we sure had a lot this time.

I love that picture of Faith! She is a beauty.

Hill Top Post said...

I hope Faith has a nice warm barn to stay in. She is a real beauty! The snow looks really deep there. As Tom said, I think it would go about a foot above my boots.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen - wow, more snow! You sure are getting a lot this year. We were supposed to get more today, but it never materialized. I do love that picture of Faith. What a beautiful animal. Question - in our picture yesterday, it looked like you are growing your hair out. Are you really or are my eyes not that good? ;-)

Ruth Hiebert said...

Send some of that snow my way.

Terra said...

That is a pretty photo of Faith, she is a beauty. Stay warm.

Granny Marigold said...

I can see why that picture is your favourite. It looks so professional.

Hootin Anni said...

Oh my gosh, oh my gosh...Faith is magnificent! And picture post card perfect. Think calenders ...wow

Victor S E Moubarak said...

And more snow ...

God bless. Take care.

Ruta M. said...

A lovely picture of Faith to remind you of sunnier days. Hope you're keeping warm.

eileeninmd said...

Faith the horse is so pretty, I do love the photo too!
We have lots of snow around our home and driveway, piles of it.
I am looking forward to a big meltdown and warm sunny days.
Take care, have a great day. Wishing you a happy new week!

Lisa said...

WOW you have a lot of snow! Here in North Carolina, we have had nothing but rain that seems like every day.. Finally some sunshine yesterday and today but the rain is coming in again tomorrow.
Faith is beautiful. Such a healthy looking horse too. I think she liked her picture taken. Haha
Lisa

Kerri Farley said...

That horse is beautiful!!! We had a lot of ice from this last storm - I wish it had been snow!

Jeanette said...

I can see why that is your favorite picture! Not only is it a beautiful horse he looks like he's posing for you! Sorry you got more snow but Spring is so close we can even start to smell it in the air and feel it in the sun when it shines!

Beside a babbling brook... said...

Gorgeous... Gorgeous... Gorgeous...

Have you made it, into a picture, to be hung on the wall?

🍒🍒🍒🍒

Bill said...

Faith is a beautiful looking horse and you captured her beauty perfectly.

William Kendall said...

Faith really stands out.

ellen b. said...

I can see why that photo of Faith is a favorite. A beautiful horse and you caught her well. Look at all that snow! Tomorrow we are suppose to get up to 49 degrees! I'm excited.