Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Thursday, November 21, 2019

Fingerprints and my Basement Walk

It was a Fingerprint Ministry work day at church today.
We worked from 9:00 to 3:00 when we ran out of materials.
This was the last work day for this year.
Today we assembled, cut, and boxed up 5,044 Romans books.
Our goal for this year was to do 60,000 and we surpassed
our goal and did 79,000!!
Our goal for next year will be 60,000 again.

I didn't have to time to walk outside this morning
because it was too dark
so I walked 3 1/2 miles down in the basement before we left.
Walked the other 2 1/2 miles when we got back home.

Thought you might like to see my basement walk.
Ken's train layout is in the middle so I walk loops around it.
The layout is a work in progress.

My walk starts here at the bottom of the stairs

and I keep to the right


and go down this way.


Around the end



and this bend


and then back to the stairs which is on the left.


Each loop is about 75 step.
Every quarter mile I turn around and walk the other way.

It may not be outside but at least I get to walk.
For me it is a LOT better than a treadmill.
I've tried them but they are just not for me!!

Nice to be home now to enjoy a nice relaxing evening.
Reading, making squares and enjoying a bowl of ice cream.
Life is Good.

A happy day to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
happyone  🥰

Contentment is the more serene brother of Happiness.
Terri Guillemets

16 comments:

Rose said...

It is good you have that much room in your basement. Today must have felt like a short Fingerprints day compared to some you have been doing.

Ice cream sounds good.

Hill Top Post said...

I had a treadmill once, but it didn't stay around here for long. Do you wear a Fitbit or have a pedometer app on your phone? The basement looks like a wonderful place to walk. And, you can always see what's going on along the tracks.

ellen b. said...

Congratulations on exceeding your goal on the Roman books!

Ruth Hiebert said...

Thanks for sharing your walk in the basement. My eyes were drawn to the RR layout. Jake would have loved to see that.Ken's looks a lot bigger than what Jake had, but he so enjoyed working on that. Yes ,a work in progress.

Tom said...

...it looks like Ken thinks that he owns the basement!

NanaDiana said...

Wow-You are dedicated to walking-that's for sure! I would prefer a treadmill with a tv playing a virtual 'trail' in front of me. lol Bowl of ice cream sure sounds good to me. xo Diana

Joyful said...

I admire your consistency with the walking and the volunteerism. Great job!

Vee said...

When Ken gets his village together you can pretend that you are outside. There might be a story there. Oh I was glad that next year’s goal will still be 60, 000. Beating this year’s total could be frustrating. Will you and Ken be delivering the books or do people take turns?

Granny Marigold said...

You must be a lot less prone to tripping than I am. Nice as it is to walk down in your basement I'm sure I would trip and take a tumble.

KEV. Robertson. said...

Interesting Basement for your walking around Ken's Model Railroad - yes, a lot better than using a Treadmill.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

And there I was thinking your basement was 3 miles long.

God bless.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

You are a devoted walker, I do not mind the treadmill. I turn on some music and enjoy the view out my window. The train layout looks big. Enjoy your day, wishing you a happy weekend ahead.

Bill said...

A homemade walking area in your basement, very cool. Congrats on exceeding the goal for the Fingerprint Ministry.
Have a wonderful day.

susan q said...

good for you for walking indoors. so if you have 75 steps in one lap, how many laps must you do for 6.5 miles? keep up the good example for everyone! love your blog, so real.

Jeanette said...

Well, that certainly looks like a good place to walk if you can't walk outside! I use my treadmill because then I can watch stuff on my tablet and distract my mind!

William Kendall said...

Quite a path to follow.