Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Tuesday, January 05, 2021

Tuesday

 It was 27 degrees when I left for town in the Jeep.
Things looked wet but at 27 degrees I should have known better.
Went around the curve in the driveway and then slid the rest of
the way to the street.
I thought it would be better in town and the main road to town
was just wet. I parked the Jeep, opened the door, put one foot out and realized it was icy.  Put my foot back in and drove home again.
Said a little prayer as I got back to my icy driveway and made
it up the driveway with no problem.
So my walk today was all in the basement.

Nice sunny day on the train layout to hang the wash out on the line.

Did my usual 6 miles
in three sessions.
2 1/2 miles
2 1/2 miles
and 1 mile

🙂    🚶‍♀️    🙂

Busy day around the house doing chores.
Made a list and got almost every thing done.
Will finish up tomorrow.
Left some time in the afternoon for fun stuff.

From the comments yesterday it seems everyone 
likes Monk.  We watched the first 2 episodes last night.
We had watched Monk on television when it first aired
and liked it then and knew we would enjoy watching it again.
I remember the shows but not the details.

That's all I have for today.
A happy day to you.
Thanks for stopping by.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Deb - If you scroll down past the posts you will see a link to the Drane house.  The coins I find I keep in old glass banks.

18 comments:

The Furry Gnome said...

Washing on the line?! He certainly likes to be realistic.

Tom said...

...once again Ken's attention to details amazes me!

ellen b. said...

That's fun to store your coins in those glass jars! Love the sunny scene on the train layout with the laundry hanging! Eeek Ice is so dangerous. Glad you made it up the driveway!

Rose said...

So glad you made it safely home...

Tina said...

Oh I love the jars!! We’ve been putting our change in one of those water cooler bottles for many years. It’s full and I really need to take it to the bank! I bet I have a MILLION DOLLARS in that jug! Ha! I’m sorry you couldn’t go on your beautiful walk outside. I DO love the clothes line your husband made. I think looking at his model would be like looking at a Thomas Kinkade painting...you just want to jump in and live there!

Debi said...

Glad you got home safe and sound and glad the basement was sunny for your walk.

Happy@Home said...

The details in Ken's train layout make me smile. Glad you made it back up the driveway safely. Happy New Year.

Vee said...

That must be enough money to take a trip. Tony Shalhoub graduated from my almer mater. I really like Monk, too. Wonder if I can find any on You Tube. Very wise to walk in Ken's World.

Granny Marigold said...

Nice to know that besides getting a lot of household chores done you left time for fun stuff.
Also nice to know you didn't slip and fall on the ice.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

"It's a Jungle Out There"

God bless.

Bettye said...

WOW Karen, so glad you didn't have an accident or fall on that ice. It is so hard to tell if it is just wet or if it is ice. Happy to know you made it home safely. Love Kens train layout. Can't wait to see it in person. The one at the other house was detailed and fun to see all the trains running.

Hootin Anni said...

I remember his obsessive compulsive disorder & germ phobia most. Bud is like that & I always got a kick from Monk's. Oh wow, icy conditions would've kept me home.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

Driving and walking on the ice can be dangerous. Glad you made it home safely. The train layout is cute. I like all your glass banks. Take care, enjoy your day! Have a happy week ahead.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Glad you didn't take a chance on the icy streets yesterday. Hope today was better. I love how you keep the coins in those little class banks. So fun! See you again soon.

Jeanette said...

Smart to not take the chance to walk on icy streets! Love the train layout picture!

Bill said...

Ken's layout is so impressive and when you see it in a photo thumbnail, it looks so realistic. Nice glass banks. I used to have some when I was young, had a few honey bear banks.
Enjoy your day!

NanaDiana said...

Glad you have a place to walk inside. I am walking on the treadmill in our unheated garage every morning. Just wondering how many steps you walk with 6 miles (if you know). Hope you have a great night- xo Diana

Lowcarb team member said...

Ken's layouts are amazing.
Love the washing on the line.

All the best Jan