Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Monday, January 04, 2021

Monk

 29 degrees this morning when I walked.
No wind and a few snow flurries once in a while but it didn't
amount to anything.
It was a dreary morning and never did get any lighter.

There seemed to be a lot of cars around town but I didn't see
any people and no animals either except for the bulls.

Walked all over town and around both cemeteries 
and the ball park loop.

I'm at the pond here looking up toward the cemetery.

A look through the trees at the barn where the bulls are.

Haven't taken a picture of the Drane house for a while.

Front and Back

I'm surprised I haven't seen more people out walking.
Usually in the beginning of the year there are people who have
made resolutions to get out and walk.
See them out for a couple of weeks and then they are gone.

Walked 6.2 miles
A couple of days ago I posted that I found $4.49 in coins this
year while walking.
I started saving the coins I find in 1997 and to date I've found
$255.51
That is just in coins, I've found a 20 dollar bill once, two one
dollar bills folded together and a 5 dollar bill also.

☁️    🙂    ☁️

Did the usual Monday chores and then
we took a ride to the dump and got rid of our garbage.
When we got back look what we found in the mail box!!

Finally after almost a month.  I was beginning to think
we'd never get it.  
That's what we'll be watching this evening.

I've been working on weave-it squares for the yellow and white
gingham bedspread for our bed and have finished another row.
A row consists of 24 weave-its.
When finished it will have 24 rows - just finished row number 16.

That's all I have for today.
Thanks for stopping by.
A happy day to you.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Vee and Bill - the diagram I posted yesterday I got from the one of the A - Z home Bible lessons I've been doing.  

18 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

I always enjoy seeing what you see on your walks. Today’s favorite is looking at the barn through the trees.

ellen b. said...

Love the photo looking through those trees. Nice. Way back when we enjoyed watching Monk. Enjoy...

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I've never watched Monk but I wonder if we would like it too! You'll have to let us know what you think! Enjoy your walks this week! We walked today and it felt great to be outside! Sweet hugs, Diane

Tom said...

...it's amazing how some people don't value change, I learned at a youg age that pennies make up dollars!

Granny Marigold said...

A few years ago (?) we started watching Monk which we borrowed from the library. I can't remember why we quit watching after a while but I can't remember exactly why. I hope you enjoy it.
We are having a week of rain and wind. Not pleasant walking weather.

Rose said...

I love the Drane house...can you look in the windows? I just wonder what it has imside.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Monk was a good series on TV.

God bless.

Anni said...

I liked Monk. Personally, I thought Tony S. Was the perfect casting call for the character. Your pictures today are exceptional. When this covid crap is over go out and paint the town with your walking $.

eileeninmd said...

Hello,

I am amazed at how much money you have found. I like the photos of the Drane house. The mail has been really slow lately, we are missing a few things. Take care, enjoy your day!

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Karen- I am wondering if you do anything special with the money you find out walking. Wow you have really found quite a bit this year. I am going to have to look up the history of the Drane House again, and refresh my memory. I know you have told about it in your blog at some point. That is good that Monk came. Boy the mail has sure been slower this year. Glad you had a good day. See you again soon.

Jeanette said...

I think it's great that you save all the money that you find on your walks! My friend and I found a folded up $20 this summer while we were walking on a local path. We used it to buy ourselves breakfast after we were done walking!

Bill said...

I'm also amazed at the amount of money you find when walking. It reminded me of the time I followed a trail of dimes, it went on and on. Added it all up and it came to aound $8. I always thought someone who was walking had a hole in their pocket or whatever they were carrying it in. :)
Enjoy your day!

Retired Knitter said...

I saw all seasons of Monk and enjoyed them very much. The first episode was especially funny - and the episode called ... Mr. Monk and the Panic Room ... (not sure which season it was in) was 'fall-on-the-floor' funny. I was crying I was laughing so hard.

Pom Pom said...

Maybe the New Year walkers are discouraged about Covid. I did see LOTS of people and dogs yesterday when I strolled around the neighborhood. I've never watched MONK. I know our son in law and niece love it!

Henny Penny said...

I am amazed at the money you've found over the years. It does look cloudy there, from your pictures, but the pictures are still beautiful. We've got clouds again today too. Monk was a good show. Wish there could be more tv shows like that now.

Tina said...

That bedspread sounds beautiful! I love yellow and gingham. I can’t wait to see it. I’m glad your shows finally came. I received two Christmas cards today, one posted 12/14 and the other 12/15. Puts a good light on mail in voting. In regards to puzzles; I found a nice new stock of puzzles at the Dollar General this week. Some were $4 and some were $5. Your pictures are always beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Lowcarb team member said...

I too like the photograph looking through the trees...
I've never watched Monk.

All the best Jan

Michelle said...

Monk is a good show. I am impressed at the money you have found through the years!