Walking is the perfect way of moving if you want to see into the life of things. It is the one way of freedom. If you go to a place on anything but your own feet you are taken there too fast, and miss a thousand delicate joys that were waiting for you by the wayside. Elizabeth von Arnim

Translate

Sunday, January 03, 2021

One Solitary Life

One Solitary Life

He was born in an obscure village
The child of a peasant woman
He grew up in another obscure village
Where he worked in a carpenter shop
Until he was thirty

He never wrote a book
He never held an office
He never went to college
He never visited a big city
He never traveled more that 200 miles
From the place where he was born
He did none of the things
Usually associated with greatness
He had no credentials but himself

He was only thirty three

His friends ran away
One of them denied him
He was turned over to his enemies
He went through the mockery of a trial
He was nailed to a cross between two thieves
While dying, his executioners gambled for his clothing
The only property he had on earth

When he was dead
He was laid in a borrowed grave
Through the pity of a friend

Nineteen centuries have come and gone
And today Jesus is the central figure of the human race
And the leader of mankind's progress
All the armies that have every marched
All the navies that have ever sailed
All the parliaments that have ever sat
All the kings that ever reigned put together
Have not affected the life of mankind on earth
As powerfully as that one solitary life

- Dr James Allan 1926 -



I believe His claim to be God and have accepted Him
and I am a Born Again believer.
❤️ Thank you Jesus ❤️

A Blessed Sunday to all.
👩🏻‍🦳 happyone ❤️

Comment Replies:
Sandi - The Dollar General store here isn't one that sells things for a dollar but things are usually cheaper. It is a small grocery store that also sells seasonal things.

Vee - The Dollar General is 3 miles from our house and I have met Ken there a few times.  I usually walk around town the additional 3 miles and meet him there then and get a ride back home.
Viva paper towels also have the select a size.

12 comments:

Tom said...

...an interesting diagram this I've never seen before.

Lowcarb team member said...

May you have a peaceful Sunday ...

All the best Jan

Ruth Hiebert said...

Yes, I believe and am also a child of God. No other way to live.

Terra said...

I am a child of God and know Jesus as my king. C.S. Lewis wrote about what your diagram says; Jesus was either a madman, a liar or God in human form. So true.

ellen b. said...

He is Lord and He is the Way the Truth and the Life!

Vee said...

Great diagram! Reminds me of C.S. Lewis's argument. Perhaps it is based on it.

I probably have not been paying attention or I'd know that the store was only three miles from home and that you have met Ken there.

One Solitary Life is a classic favorite.

Victor S E Moubarak said...

Amen.

God bless.

Hootin Anni said...

Reminds me of C.S. Lewis. Glad you shared this.

Rose said...

I have read that before but had forgotten it...I believe, too.

Lisa said...

He is Lord. My savior. I am saved.
Lisa

Bill said...

Interesting diagram that I've never seen before, thanks for sharing.

Jeanette said...

I love this and have read it before!